Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> factory windshield top seals, club buy
customstarr
post Apr 19 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #41

King of the Nighttime World

Group: Members
From: Waterford, Michigan - Home of Waterford Hills Road Racing
Member No.: 7,531

I don't want to add insult to injury, and all I'm doing is passing on info that I received from my local Porsche dealer - I'm no expert, and I won't even begin to pretend to know all of the answers. This is what I was told by a very helpful Parts Manager:

1. As of today at 2:00PM EST there was excatly one (1) - yes just one, seal in the US according to the Porsche parts database. Technically at the time, there were two - but I called one of the two dealers and they stated that the one that they had was shipping out this afternoon. The other dealer (to be unnamed) has one.

2. He stated that these seals are now once again on back order with no indication of ship dates. He said it could be just like the last time that they went on back order - and we all remember how that turn out - over a year in that status.

Like I said, I won't pretend to know if this info is 100% correct. I can tell you that I called about 20 dealers across the US and pretty much got the same answer. Although, a couple of dealers told me that I could order one and have it within 5 days. Other dealers stated that they were "back ordered in Germany."

I really hope this works out for George and his buyers, and who knows - next week there could be another flood of these parts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Waiting for George to chime in here...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Apr 19 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #42

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

So how many parts are actually on hand, left to sell in the group buy?
+Quote Post
customstarr
post Apr 19 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 19 2007, 05:42 PM) *

So how many parts are actually on hand, left to sell in the group buy?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I knew, the group buy seals through AA were never on hand.
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Apr 20 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #44

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

ARGH! ...sorry, just had to get it out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 20 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #45

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

a story is unwinding here and I tried like h..l to get to the bottom of it today but I will report monday. Sorry for the delay in my report. I am only as good as Porsche and to this minute they are no good.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Apr 21 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #46

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

I would list the excuses to date for the seals not being available (excuses from Germany), but the list is to long and would crash the server. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Porsche (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) should have just said. "They ain't new cars. They ain't 911s. Go suck eggs.". I could have accepted that.
+Quote Post
spunone
post Apr 23 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 1,901

Ok I've been out of town any updates??
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 24 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #48

914 Guru

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! (and an apology)

I have finally gotten to the bottom of the windshield top seal controversy and have a PORSCHE factory guarantee of 100 plus top seals on the way. Everyone who has ordered one for the special price will get one, but in two or three weeks.
I have gone through h.ll after placing our confirmed order and being invoiced from Porsche for something that did not exist. What the problem was is that there was a miscount in the inventory that resulted in a non existent inventory and the resultant delay in resupplying and reinventorying them.
Behind the scenes I called my contact deep in the Porsche parts organization (my brother Peter's best friend) and he sheepishly admitted that there had been a miscount and that actually they had not sold that many of them in the last two months since a small number of them had arrived in the U.S.
Well feeling like a fool to believe the word of Porsche and really not believing it until I verified five times, getting my shipping confirmation and my bill (previously posted) I had our buyer Bruce make a bunch of calls, and I too called people we knew in the organization. I immediately rounded up five of the seals, (all new stock) had my friend Michael Mittle in Germany send me 30 more and FINALLY had my brothers friend expedite the shipment from Germany for 100 more immediately and 100 additional in two to three weeks.
I am very very sorry that this has happened. We have always been able to depend on Porsche for instantaneous delivery as we are one of their drop ship customers and are only about ten miles from the warehouse, and six from Headquarters.
Please again my sincere apologies to the club. EVERYONE who ordered one will get one at the price, and I will post some pics of the seals and the confirmations as they arrive.
If ANYONE feels like personally abusing me for this, please feel free to call me personally and vent: 800 792 4944 ext 16 business 404 308 5652 cell 770 971 4960 home.

As an added note we are working hard on our new 200 page 914 catalog to be mass mailed in may. If you are not on the list simply call and give us your information and you will be sure to get one. The techincal drawings are worth the time of the call!
+Quote Post
customstarr
post Apr 24 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #49

That's great news George. Will you still be offering the $210 price to members when the new seals arrive? I missed the boat on the first batch.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 24 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #50

914 Guru

QUOTE(customstarr @ Apr 24 2007, 12:01 PM) *

That's great news George. Will you still be offering the $210 price to members when the new seals arrive? I missed the boat on the first batch.

We actually have 248 orders many of mulitples of this seal so will satisfy them first (many sold for a much higher price) and CLUB MEMBERS FIRST of course, and then see how many are left and then maybe another club special yes! By that time though we should have the cheaper repros from india.
+Quote Post
spunone
post Apr 24 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 1,901

Damm George thats over 50 grand in Sales thats a good week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
SGB
post Apr 24 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #52

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(spunone @ Apr 24 2007, 05:37 PM) *

Damm George thats over 50 grand in Sales thats a good week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I would call that
"win-win"
+Quote Post
craig downs
post Apr 25 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 5,189

I also missed out. If there are any left I would like one
+Quote Post
lotus_65
post Apr 25 2007, 05:23 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 3,795
Region Association: Northstar Region

i got cold feet when the problems surfaced.
i'd be in for one now that they are coming in.
thanks,
paul
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Apr 25 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #55

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782

Haven't seen my statement and been waiting for an outcome. ...so I should prolly call and see if my order is even recorded. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:28 PM