Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Problem with ignition and spark plugs
nbscooters
post Apr 18 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,347
Region Association: None

My car has been idling like crap for a few days now. I pulled everything off, cleaned it, and put it back together. I dont know what the problem was, but the series of things I did fixed the problem. New spark plugs, cleaned the cap and rotor contacts, new points, and cleaned and check my grounds. I set the dwell and timing and the car idles perfect now.

While I was pulling stuff out, I noticed that the spark plugs for cylinders two and three are toasty brown, and spark plugs for one and four and blacker than night. I know the injection system fires pulses to two and three and the one and four. The only thing I can think of that could cause this problem is trigger contacts. I just recently put in a new set of trigger contacts about a year ago, so I don't suspect that is the problem or at least I don't think.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:59 PM