Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What would you do?, If you had to make a choice
skline
post Apr 22 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

My new project car is 100% rust free.......................

I weld in the chassis stiffening kit yesterday and all went pretty well, removed the undercoating to expose the perfect rust free metal underneath so welding was no problem at all, except I cant see as good as I used to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I get done with that and decide to strip the paint around the dent in the rear drivers quarter panel and start removing the dent in it. Well, the dent had some bondo already around it, all around it actually and then I notice the whole fender has bondo on it, all over it. I scrape, grind and make this huge mess of white dust everywhere to find out the panel was shaped entirely with bondo. I knew the rear quarters were both grafted from other cars as one is yellow on the inside and the other one is a bronze color.

On the side of my house, I have somehow kept and entire rear quarter panel from another car but had forgotten about it. My option is to try to make the existing panel straight again or cut it off and replace it making sure it is fitting properly. Which is something else I found when removing the bondo from the car. See the pictures below and take note of the door gap and where the steel ends. You can clearly see the line.

What would you do in this situation? Cut the panel off and start over? Just get it as straight as you can and bondo the rest? I am open to suggestions.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:15 PM