Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine tweeking & tuning questions, About the only ones I haven't asked...
ahdoman
post Apr 22 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #1

It's phonetic...Ah-D-O-Man (Audioman)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,084
Region Association: Southern California

It's been awhile now since I got my teener and I think I've begun to really figure this stuff out thanks to you 914World adicts. But, I do have a couple of inquisitions for the engine tweaker guru's...
1) What is the relationship (if there is one) between engine heat and timing?
2) What is the realtionship between A/F mixture and engine heat?
3) As oil temp goes up does oil pressure decrease?

And finally...I finally got myself a real digital timing gun so I can truly check advance. I am running an 009 distro (I know Mallory or 050 would be better but no $ right now. I spent it all on my timing gun) and am trying to figure out just how bad it is. If someone else has a gun with adjustable advance would you be kind enough to tell me what your advance degrees are at;
1000 RPM
1500 RPM
2500 RPM
Why do this? Because I don't think my distro is properly advancing and I need to see how far off it is. Hopefully this will help me find it's "happy place".
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:48 AM