Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A great 914 day.
Ferg
post Apr 28 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

I was planning on working on cars all day today, and thats exactly what I did (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I sent out a open invite to locals and a couple showed up. Tim (byndbad) and Gint showed up to Hang out.

Attached Image

I got my first ride in a v8 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) Tims car is as fast as a sportbike, it's scary (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached Image

Gints car was running like doo doo but our fearless admin will dial it in, tomorrow for sure.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Everyone left and Hudson and I wrapped things up with a quick wash and rinse (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)

Attached Image

Ferg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Apr 28 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #2

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Once upon a time someone nicknamed me Joe Cool, Michael Ferguson that is you.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Apr 29 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

Looks like fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Great weather too!
+Quote Post
LvSteveH
post Apr 29 2007, 04:24 AM
Post #4

I put the Poor in Porsche

Member No.: 600

Where's the red 75 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Every time I see Tim's car it makes keeping my car a sleeper that much more difficult (IMG:style_emoticons/default/robot.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 29 2007, 06:15 AM
Post #5

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 28 2007, 10:41 PM) *
Gints car was running like doo doo but our fearless admin will dial it in, tomorrow for sure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

By the end of the night, my junk wouldn't even run after doing dizzy swaps. Won't start. I had to put the top on and lock it up on the side of the house. I'm really glad Tim was there to lend an extra set of hands and to bounce some ideas of off. What a monster he's got!

Sorry I couldn't have stayed longer Ferg. I'd really like to take your carbs apart. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) When you get to sync'ing your carbs next week, Check all of your jet and venturi sizes for me eh? It's easy to pull one set and check them. And you'll want to check and record the info anyway.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Apr 29 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Apr 29 2007, 02:24 AM) *

Where's the red 75 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Every time I see Tim's car it makes keeping my car a sleeper that much more difficult (IMG:style_emoticons/default/robot.gif)

Red 75 was on the lift, finally replaced the bad shifter bushing thanks to Gint having a spare.

Tim, bummer you didn't make it quite all the way home, glad its a simple thing.

Later that night after I put my kids to bed, I took the Carrera down to the local car show at the sonic. Three vipers, two cobra replicas, 6 mustangs, a chevelle, a 55 Tbird and some out of place guy in a poop brown german thing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ferg
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 29 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Mike Ginter

What happened to Tim?

Which Sonic? THe one on Federal around 96th has a killer turnout every Friday night. You can't get in the parking lot if you get there too late.

BTW - I got my junk running again. The stiff accelerator is the cable. Perhaps wrapped around the clutch cable or something, or maybe just a junk cable (new cable). Still can't explain the rough running though. Changing the idle jets from 55 to 50 didn't help. Plugs show lean. Need to go back to the 55's and rebuild the carbs I'm thinkin...
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Apr 29 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Tim's fuel pump quit a couple hundred yards from home, he suspects vapor lock. A neighbor towed him to his garage.

I was just out at the Sonic in Lafayette, small show every Saturday, usually the same 10 guys. I need to go out to the big one on Federal on Fridays, you game??

Let me know when you start tearing them down, I want to watch. I'll also inform you when I plan to sync mine. I still may not touch them though, I just drove the ever living piss out of the car today, first real drive since last year, it's very happy and running excellent. And the new oil cooler is working as planned, could not top 210, and it's 86 today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Ferg
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Apr 29 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,842

Is that Sheridan 914 Police car Tim's V8?
Mark D.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 29 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #10

Mike Ginter

QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 29 2007, 02:38 PM) *
Tim's fuel pump quit a couple hundred yards from home, he suspects vapor lock. A neighbor towed him to his garage.
That sucks... Vapor lock is very likely given the weather this weekend.
I was just out at the Sonic in Lafayette, small show every Saturday, usually the same 10 guys. I need to go out to the big one on Federal on Fridays, you game??
Absolutely! One of my co-workers and I were just talking last Friday about going one of these weeks. He's the guy that took a Spitfire that I sold him and built a suspension and installed a Merkur turbo 4.
Let me know when you start tearing them down, I want to watch. I'll also inform you when I plan to sync mine.
The carbs will likely come apart Monday or Tuesday night. You're welcome to come over.
I still may not touch them though, I just drove the ever living piss out of the car today, first real drive since last year, it's very happy and running excellent. And the new oil cooler is working as planned, could not top 210, and it's 86 today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Ferg
I don't blame you. That thing drives great. And too rich is better than two lean. But... You could check your current settings and always go back to them. I would lean it out just a wee bit at a time and happens to that transition stumble. Because it's just barely there.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:57 PM