Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Go kart racing, Looking for some knowledge
BKLA
post May 10 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #21

Really old member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Injuries are few and far between - but remember...this is racing. My son started in the cadet class with an 80cc comer. 15 - 25 kids with various levels of experience - sometimes seemed like he was driving in an AX with mobile pylons (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) !
Attached Image
in seven years we saw two kids end up on their heads - one in a race at Pats Acres and one a novice shifter (SKUSA) event at Cascade Locks. Both kids were fine. Bruised and abraded but nothing serious.

Adults are much worse than the kids however. red mist and all.... couldn't count the number of times I have seen a stupid or aggressive move take someone out or put them on their lid.

THe biggest reason I bought THOMAS' 914 race car was to divert my son's interest in road racing his 80cc sit up shifter - towards something a little more substantial when the inevitable happens. Road racing a kart is cool and fast - but not for my 14 year old.

Kart school is most definitely the way to go BEFORE you put a bunch of money into something. I used to use the Jim Hall School as my affordable track time back in the early 80's as Riverside and willow were BUCKS for practice. Jim was a great guy and let me rent his school karts for races long before it be came fashionable. See if he remembers me if you call....

Highly recommended and affordable!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:38 PM