Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Won't start, fuel pump?
Marlow
post May 29 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,027

http://manuals.type4.org/ljet/

Go to the 'Components' section, instructions on testing the dual-relay are there.

Not exactly for the 914 but still applicable to L-Jet troubleshooting. I'm not familiar with L-Jet at all, just trying to help out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post May 29 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #22

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Square relays are easy. Listen for clicks when activated or......

Take a couple of very small screwdrivers or knife blades and carefuly spread the cover box relative to the base to unlock the cover. Pull the cover up. Plug into the harness, and do your start sequence while looking at the little arm. If it works, the coil turns into an electromagnet, pulls the little arm closed and creates an electrical contact between the arm and another contact.

I hadda troubleshoot my daughters Volvo this weekend. THey run a later version of the Bosch design with a hot wire instead of a flap. With the cover off, both relays tripped in response to key movement to energize the pumps (plural).

Ya might want to open the relay to look inside. My L-jet relay was corroded out from water standing inside and needed replacing. The Volvo guys recommend resoldering the Bosch relays as they the guts become unsoldered over time.

Ken
+Quote Post
#1RAGE
post Jun 14 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 664

Hey thanks!

Took the relay apart and found evidence that water had been in it before. One corner of the circuit board was corroded and rusty. One of the contacts on one relay doesn't make a good connection anymore. Ordered a new dual-relay; it should arrive next week. I hope that's the only problem.

+Quote Post
#1RAGE
post Jun 28 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 664

FINALLY! Got a new relay, put it in, put the tank back in and hooked everything up. Had to run the pump for a little while before I got gas through all the lines but she fired up. I was so excited I went for a drive right away in my blue coveralls without the hood on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Unfortunately I don't have help right now to get the hood on and I'm going away for the weekend so I'm going to be leaving the 914 in the garage for a few more days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks so much to everyone for all your help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 01:42 PM