Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front Calipers on Rear
campbellcj
post Mar 15 2003, 05:08 PM
Post #21

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

I am seriously thinking about adding a valve too, for fine-tuning purposes. I have "A" calipers with SC vented rotors up front, and 914-4 front calipers with 914-6 solid rotors in back. I currently have a "tee" in place of the factory prop valve but I either need a more aggressive front pad and/or a wee bit more front bias.

A lot of the valves I see in the catalogs don't have the right metric fittings for the 914 -- you have to use adapters -- is there one with the correct metric flared fittings?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Mar 18 2003, 10:11 PM
Post #22

I can't Re Member

Bumping this thread...anybody have recommendations on the prop valves (see my last post above)? I would like to swap my front pads and put in the adjustable valve before my next event if possible.
+Quote Post
Van914
post Mar 19 2003, 08:44 AM
Post #23

Van914

Member No.: 90
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I used the Tilton Valve on mine. It has the 10mm threads and went in very easy. It is the one that has 8 positions and a handle. Pelican, Performance and others sell it. It is on Page 138 in Performance Parts new 914 #53B catalog. I bought mine with out the plate they show and made my own. Saves $
Van
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 19 2003, 11:40 AM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Chris,

What is the car doing under heavy braking ?? Your about to ad the perfect "valve" to the car. A 6cyl engine. The wieght of the 6 will have the rears doing more work. I'm betting your getting a uneasy feeling in the car after a hard braking from 100mph into a 50mph corner.

B
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Mar 19 2003, 01:16 PM
Post #25

I can't Re Member

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 19 2003, 09:40 AM)
Chris,

What is the car doing under heavy braking ?? Your about to ad the perfect "valve" to the car. A 6cyl engine. The wieght of the 6 will have the rears doing more work. I'm betting your getting a uneasy feeling in the car after a hard braking from 100mph into a 50mph corner.

B

Yes; serious "sketchiness" under hard braking, like hauling down from 100+ for a 3rd or 2nd gear corner. No problem under light braking.

I still think a lot of it is the tire squirm (unshaved Ecsta V700's) and the wimpy front pads. I am unfortunately stuck with the Kumhos until I can afford another set of wheels + Hoosiers. But maybe I will try some R4's or Hawk Blues up front, i.e. a high-friction pad, and see if that helps. I have Pagid orange in the back; maybe a Pagid black up front would be good?
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 19 2003, 01:20 PM
Post #26

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I am the wrong person for brake pad recommendations. I'm a Porterfield guy through and through.

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:38 PM