Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Made lots of changes, now it pushes, Yes, I know I shouldn't have
jhadler
post Jun 6 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #21

Long term tinkerer...

Group: Members
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(nhallman @ Jun 5 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Awesome... thanks for checking on that, Josh.

So the Koni page says any spring with a 2.5" ID should fit on the perch. Are the Weltmeister 180 lb. springs too small? Too large?

Regular 914 springs are too large. Never fear, once you get the coilovers on, you can change springs on both sides in less than 30 minutes. No more spring compressors!!!

2.5" ID springs are the most common, and can be had in practically any length, and rate your heart desires.

About the shims on the rear. I have removed all of them, which made the camber more negative. If all the shims are out, then I have no more adjustment I can do, correct?

Get the chassis checked to see if it's straight. Check the bushings to see if they haven't deformed, and lower the car. If you still don't have camber after all that, then something is definitely odd...

New wheels are on the list, I've held off because I'm kicking around the idea of flares which will of course significantly affect what wheel and tire width I run.

Well, what did you have in mind? You don't neccessarilly need flares for more rubber. Well, okay, the rear you pretty much have to do something, but big flares are not always needed... What are you looking to do?

-Josh2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:50 AM