Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: I need something sticky..., get your mind out of the gutter!
bondo
post Jun 12 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

I'm building a piece of furniture that is to contain a hard drive. This hard drive will be inside a small round depression in the top, and have a glass cover over it. It will essentially be a sealed box with a glass top. The hard drive is to remain operational, so I will remove its cover and install the glass in a clean environment.

Just in case my clean environment isn't perfectly clean, I'd like to place something sticky in with the drive to catch any stray particles. I need something that will remain sticky forever, won't release any particles it captures, is a solid, and won't outgas anything harmful to hard drive internals.

Things that have come to mind:

carpet tape
those sticky hand toys sold in vending machines
under-cured polyester resin

I have also seen this clear goop that covers the electronics in VW ignition modules. Does anyone know what that is or where to get it? I think it's probably in there as a moisture barrier, but it's very tacky, yet still a solid.

And just to head off the "Why would you want to do such a thing?" questions... Shut up! It's art! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:03 PM