Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Will it ever end? Not looking good!
customstarr
post Jun 19 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #1

King of the Nighttime World

Group: Members
From: Waterford, Michigan - Home of Waterford Hills Road Racing
Member No.: 7,531

My car still idles like pure crap. Very inconsistent - high to low surging, super low, rich... you name it, this car's idle is ALL OVER THE PLACE. It's never the same condition. The car runs like a raped ape and goes good, but the idle sux complete ass. I used to be able to get some idle adjustment at the TB screw (I don't have the ECM screw), but today I set the fuel pressure correctly (was at 42 PSI) and now I have no control over the idle mix/speed. Maybe someone in the past tried to cover the problem by cranking up the fuel pressure. I'm not seeing the super rich condition now, but like I said... no control.

I've been through everything: replaced/fixed wiring, new ignition system, battery, cables, checked all the standard fare + what I've listed below, etc. This is getting ridiculous.

What I've replaced thus far:

1. Ignition: Coil, Cap, Rotor, Points, Condenser, Plugs, Wires (all Bosch except plugs).
2. Fuel/D-Jet: TS1, Fuel Filter, Vacuum Lines.

What I've checked, adjusted to spec, or tested to be good:

1. Ignition: Points, Timing, Trigger Points.
2. Fuel/D-Jet: MPS, TS2, Fuel Pressure Reg, Cold Start Valve, Aux Air Reg, Injectors, Fuel Lines, Fuel Pump, Throttle Body, Throttle Switch.
3. Engine: Timing, Compression, Valves.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
customstarr   Will it ever end? Not looking good!   Jun 19 2007, 06:09 PM
scotty b   There is a 3 way rubber "Y" underneath t...   Jun 19 2007, 06:16 PM
scotty b   Nope I can't get to the engine for all of the ...   Jun 19 2007, 06:28 PM
Johny Blackstain   B)-->
QUOTE(scotty b @ J...   Jun 19 2007, 06:50 PM
scotty b   B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOT...   Jun 19 2007, 06:56 PM
customstarr   My car is plumbed exactly like the diagram. Intake...   Jun 19 2007, 08:12 PM
BahnBrenner914   I'll look for more vac leaks, but I'm no...   Jun 20 2007, 12:30 AM
customstarr   I'll look for more vac leaks, but I'm n...   Jun 20 2007, 08:01 AM
dr914@autoatlanta.com   My car is plumbed exactly like the diagram. Intak...   Jun 20 2007, 03:44 PM
customstarr   My car is plumbed exactly like the diagram. Inta...   Jun 21 2007, 06:55 AM
Pat Garvey   B)-->

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:09 AM