Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Fuel Injection, Need an L-Jet Guru!!
Cjllong
post Jul 2 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,862

I have a 75 914 with a 2.0 motor. It originally had a 1.8L, but I acquired a 2.0 from a wrecked 73 914. When the 2.0 was rebuilt and installed, the mechanic installed the 1.8L fuel injection system and told me it was superior to the 2.0L fuel injection system. I drove the car for 2 years and never had a problem. All of the sudden, the car wouldn't start. I took it to a local German auto mechanic, (The guy who originally did the conversion left town), and he said he would fix it. Well.... A new fuel pump, plugs, other stuff, and the big one.. a new computer, the darn thing still has the same symptoms. It simply dumps fuel into the valves when starting, causing it to flood almost instantly. He checked the fuel pressure regulator and it seems to be fine. He's telling me that the computer is holding the injectors open too long, causing excessive fuel to flood the motor. $1300.00 later, he says he'll do the rest of the diagnosis for free. I think I payed for his education of the 914 fuel injection system, and I don't think he learned anything. I originaly posted this problem on Pelican Parts and they directed me here and told me to look for Clay Perrine. If your out there, please help me! I'm desperate!

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:46 PM