Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> '73 2.0 ON E-BAY, Good buy or not??????
JC 914
post Jul 11 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,827

Attached ImageThis is a BuyIt Now ($2400 ) or Best Offer, listed as a parts car due to the fact that it needs a right side longitudinal. Looks like could be a DANDY!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jul 11 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Link? I don't see it on my ebay search...

2400 is a amount that some scammer's use, be careful.

Ferg
+Quote Post
JC 914
post Jul 11 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #3

Located in the Buy It Now section from July 8
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jul 11 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

yea, can you post the link??? -JON
+Quote Post
jaminM3
post Jul 11 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

If it isn't a scam it looks good on first impression. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
Fuchs and looks clean, but you would need more info.
+Quote Post
JC 914
post Jul 11 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #6

You are looking at a 1973 Porsche 914. 73 is the best year as the 2.0L model had all the options standard like full gauges and center console.

This is a red car with black interior. It has just over 100,000 miles on it. New parts have all been installed within the last couple hundred miles. New performance exhaust, NEW Michilen Pilot XGT4 tires - 5 total, new clutch and clutch cable, front brake pads, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, valve cover gaskets and valves adjusted, oil change, Koni Adjustable performance shocks and new rear sway bar. The parts value alone of this stuff is about $2000 or more, NOT including installation!!! Car does move and stop under it's own power and you could potentially take it home without a trailer.

The car looks good. It has been repainted once and the paint job is okay. Nothing too nice, but certainly not a super bad job. Good ten footer for sure. The reason this car is in parts cars is that the pass side longitudinal needs replacement. The area under the battery is not rusted nor is the long under the battery, just mainly the rocker panel area is rusted out badly. The rear section of the floor will probably need replacement also as it is rusted at the firewall. I currently have the interior apart as I plan on working on this repair this winter. The pass taillight is broken as something fell on it during winter storage. It could easily go back together in minutes. It will easily sell for $5000-6000 or more with repair to the pass side long and I saw a very similar '73 sell for $9,000 last summer.

Top is in nice shape. Fuch wheels(5 of them) are good with only a little curb rash on a few of them. The car drove out real well last summer. I have not driven it much since then but I did put a new used fuel pump in it recently to fix the old one that was leaking.

I have a few manual sthat will go with the car also. Pretty much all the ones you would ever need for this car.

I just have too many project(currently have four restorations going along with normal customer work) and would like to pass this one on to a new owner so I can concentrate on other projects and reclaim some of my storage space.
+Quote Post
JC 914
post Jul 11 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=160030860838
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Jul 11 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #8

Dr

Member No.: 4,832
Region Association: None

link

to late....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:26 AM