Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dual carb question, Dellorto 40s on a 1.8L to be exact
bjinright
post May 6 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,192

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 6 2008, 05:03 PM) *

how low of an egine speed are we talking about when the carbs are "full open" and it bogs? like REAL low, you nail the gas and the car goes on it's nose til the engine catches up?

k

About 1500rpm. but it happens at 2000 and 2500 if I hit the gas. I'm not talking about slamming it from idle, just a full depression of the gas at low rpms. I get a little power back when I let off the pedal a bit and it wont bog under a slow progressive depression of the gas.

I had an off idle stumble back when I had 34vents. I think this is different.

It started 1 month ago and happened right after two events.
1. Went autocrossing and over revved the engine 7000 rpm a few times ( i was winning at the time)
2. put the tall idle stacks on when I got back that day (thought it was a clog and so made the change when I checked all the jets, and yes I used the little plugs)

So It could be that:
1. the timing was thrown off
2. the cam gear moved (unlikely)
3. the valve clearances are off or worse
4. the tall stacks blow more air (i know thats wierd)

I checked the timing . . . fine 30btdc @3500
The valves and cam gear are being looked at now. I think a have a stock cam by the way.
And I'm checking the dells for leaks.

Before it was fine with 55idles and 35pumps. But after sunday, pop cough bog. So I started going richer 60 idles then 50 pumps.

In week or two it will be back from the garage and I will have something to work with. A/F ratio meter, and valve adjust.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 6 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #82

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

7k, do you hate your car? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) how old is the rebuild on the carbs? maybe axing stirred some junk in the bowls? undo the 2 changes prior to the prob. not to count over reving.

k
+Quote Post
bjinright
post May 6 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 6,192

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 6 2008, 05:35 PM) *

7k, do you hate your car? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) how old is the rebuild on the carbs? maybe axing stirred some junk in the bowls? undo the 2 changes prior to the prob. not to count over reving.

k

The carbs are pretty new and this was my third autocross this year. I'll check the bowls again though.
Do you know how to get the little idle plugs out?

And NO I don't hate my car, I hate losing to Miatas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

BTW: Thanks to every body on this post for your input. I AM making progress. The car is getting better as I make these changes/checks.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 07:13 PM