Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> muffler sheild and steering sheild, what is the proper finish
freezing14
post Jul 27 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #1

freezing14

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,233

both good condition but no trac e of the previous fininsh, what is correct for a -6 ,is there a difference with late car or -4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jul 28 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(freezing14 @ Jul 27 2007, 09:52 PM) *

both good condition but no trac e of the previous fininsh, what is correct for a -6 ,is there a difference with late car or -4

I'm not aware of any differences between the 4 & six. Front should be a satin finish, with a heavy rubber sqeeze-type seal on the trailing edge. Muffler shield should be painted body color, though the paint would be thin - many were sparayed with rustproofing in the eastern states prior to delivery (along with the rest of the belly).

Hope this helps.
Pat
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 28 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #3

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 28 2007, 10:20 PM) *

I'm not aware of any differences between the 4 & six. Front should be a satin finish, with a heavy rubber sqeeze-type seal on the trailing edge. Muffler shield should be painted body color, though the paint would be thin - many were sparayed with rustproofing in the eastern states prior to delivery (along with the rest of the belly).

Hope this helps.
Pat

Pat- grey like primer on mine, w/ spatterings of undercoating. No white to be seen.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jul 29 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #4

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 28 2007, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 28 2007, 10:20 PM) *

Hope this helps.
Pat

Pat- grey like primer on mine, w/ spatterings of undercoating. No white to be seen.

Al, I assume you're talking about the muffler cover.

I've seen all kinds of variation on these & in all cases, the best body color paint was minimal. Seems like when they painted the underside of the rear trunk, the muffler cover caught some or none of the paint - usually very thin if any, like it not really intended to be sprayed.
Pat
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 29 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #5

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 29 2007, 12:36 PM) *

I've seen all kinds of variation on these & in all cases, the best body color paint was minimal. Seems like when they painted the underside of the rear trunk, the muffler cover caught some or none of the paint - usually very thin if any, like it not really intended to be sprayed.
Pat

Sorry, yes the heat shield is just primer & undercoating. The steering shield is gloss black like engine tin.
+Quote Post
Slider
post Aug 13 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #6

Problems are like cockroaches you find 1 and theres a 100 more

Member No.: 7,591
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 29 2007, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 29 2007, 12:36 PM) *

Pat

Sorry, yes the heat shield is just primer & undercoating. The steering shield is gloss black like engine tin.

My 72 has the muffler shield as Pat as described it. it has the undercoating and then the body colored sprayed over it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 07:12 AM