Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Flairs, 914 flairs
RobertD
post Jul 30 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #1

RobertD

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,188
Region Association: None

Hey guys nice site.
I have a question for the pros here. I have a 914 that has been flaired and yes sitting for 10 years as I have started to go completely through this car. I have a set of early 15x 6 and 15 x 7 Fuchs wheels from a early 911 5 lug of course. Since this thing has been sitting I almost ready to add the wheels on the car and at least put it back on the ground after doing a 5 lug conversion. I would really like a pair of 15 x 8 or 15 x 9 for the rear, but the wife said I need to keep both kindeys just in case, so I would like to fill up the rear wheel wells using the 15 x 7 rims and tires. My question is, I have rebuilt the hubs with new bearings and bushings, and the hubs are not pressed into the arms yet, anyway if I use a HUB CENTRIC WHEEL SPACER , what is the largest I can use? 1 inch, 1.5 inch? Any clue?
Any thoughts on bracing the rear trailing arms?

Thanks....Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RobertD   914 Flairs   Jul 30 2007, 07:40 AM
So.Cal.914   Unless you are going to race it, IMHO you should n...   Jul 30 2007, 08:54 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:14 AM