Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My God Bones, what have I done?, Busted my engine-drop cherry
mudfoot76
post Aug 1 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Currently teenerless :-(

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

UPDATES BELOW

Attached Image

Finally got around to working on the teener again tonight. I was trying to find a local source for the 12 point tool to remove the CV bolts, but ended up getting it from Pelican. One thing their article doesn't mention is that when I pryed the joints apart, these thin metal/cardboard gaskets fell out (in pieces). Is this normal?

Once those were apart, we double and triple checked to make sure all the wires, hoses, etc were disconnected. Looks good, so we thought. Place the furniture cart, position everything, slowly lower, unbolt engine and trans mount bolts (those engine bar bolts were a PITA!!!) *plop* Start to try and roll it out, and we notice we forgot to disconnect the flapper wires (D'OH!). OK, 8mm wrench, done.

Now the only problem is that our floor jacks cannot lift the car high enough for the carbs (44idf) to fit underneath everything. We tried to rotate the drivetrain around some but no luck. My helpers were my brother and a co-worker, and both of them had to leave at 10pm. We placed jackstands in strategic supporting areas (and left the floorjacks too just to be safe) and they left. I didn't want to do anything else to the car in this state without anyone else around to call for help in the event of an accident so we will resume tomorrow. Either I need to find better floorjacks with higher lift, or the carbs have to be removed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (or both? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) )

I'll be hosting an engine installation BBQ when it is time to put the mofo back in the car. Aligning the sheetmetal into the rubber gasket, I imagine, will be teh suXXorz, but easier if there are other ppl around who have done this before.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:36 PM