Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> intalling rear dust cover..., just need to remove two cone screws?
pba110
post Aug 15 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,921

hey,
is this as simple as removing the two cone screws? will the shift rod slide toward the front of the car to allow the boot to be put on? put the car in neutral right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type47
post Aug 15 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #2

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

i think it goes like this, if not, hopefully others will correct misinformation. remove the 2 cone screws then to remove the rod between the firewall and the cover, have someone hold the rod as someone "shifts the car into 3rd or 5th" this pulls the rod out of the connection point at the firewall (where the rod comes out of the bodywork by the proportioning valve) then the rod can be disconnected from the linkage point where the cover is.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Aug 15 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

When I forget to put the cover on (not that I've done that more than two or three times...in a row), I have to remove the cone screws, pull the rear shift rod back to pull it off of the front shift rod, slide it forward out of the "shift rod head" at the rear, slide the hole (with the accordion boot) over the end of the rear rod, slide the rear rod back through the side-shift console and through the shift rod head, then put it back onto the front rod. Then I can install the front cone screw, then align the shift rod head on the tail end, and install that one's cone screw.

--DD
+Quote Post
pba110
post Aug 15 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,921

sweet! thanks you guys. hopefully i can swing that. just got another alternator...this time it's OEM...wish me luck
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:40 PM