Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 914 is about to turn 40 years old!, So, what should we do?
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Aug 28 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

If we want to celebrate 40 years of 914 Heritage, with 1969 as the starting point, let's have the festivities run concurrently with the 2009 PCA Parade that is slated for (as I understand) Colorado (Vail area I think). The Westies have to get over the mountains, and we on the other side need to cross the plains, but WTF, when we get to our destination there will be lots of Porsches, great roads, beautiful scenery and lots of PCA activities that we can participate in if we are so inclined.
Pehaps we can get some "official" PCA and PCNA recognition for the 40th Anniversary of the 914s' existence.

The Colorado and Utah 914 contingent seem to be extremely enthusiastic, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, courteous, and above all else, have extremely deep pockets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Oh, they also possess great organizational skills, witness the Red Rocks/MOAB Classic successes. My vote is for a Colorado "40 '14 Fest" or a "40 Jahre of 914" homage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post Aug 28 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #22

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I won't get to close to the PCA folks. Most 914 owners are not members and if your not a member and don't pay the big bucks to get into the Parade they won't even let you walk the parking lot at Parade. IMHO this need to be independent of PCA and the Parade.

I like the idea of several events around the country on the same weekend. SE in Atlanta, etc, etc, etc. We would be able to get a much better turn out.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 28 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #23

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Perfect Kansas last week in Sept.
coincides with SCCA National Championship SOLO II. Ya'll can cheer for Me and JP and Britt.
+Quote Post
por73914
post Aug 28 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #24

I don't know what the hell I am doing...

Member No.: 7,660

I don't know how many of you guys have been here to Northwest Arkansas, but we have some amazing roads here...there are sportbike groups that come from Colorado to ride here. Lots of Hotels (thanks to Walmart) lots to do... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
black73
post Aug 28 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 3,801
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 28 2007, 10:40 AM) *

I won't get to close to the PCA folks. Most 914 owners are not members and if your not a member and don't pay the big bucks to get into the Parade they won't even let you walk the parking lot at Parade. IMHO this need to be independent of PCA and the Parade.

I like the idea of several events around the country on the same weekend. SE in Atlanta, etc, etc, etc. We would be able to get a much better turn out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Aug 29 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

QUOTE(black73 @ Aug 28 2007, 04:30 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Especially if some of the 914 gang can manage their celebration spot to be one like this link on that 2009 9/14 day. What's more appropiate for the little German roadster celebration than partying in spirit with http://www.minneapolisoktoberfest.com/

Cooley
PS why wait till 2009. Celebrate 914 anniversaries every year.
+Quote Post
JC 914
post Aug 29 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 7,827

Knoxville,TN!!!!
Run the Tail Of The Dragon, and if in the fall, everyone can see a REAL football stadium! ( LOL ) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
SGB
post Aug 29 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #28

just visiting

Member No.: 404

QUOTE(black73 @ Aug 28 2007, 04:30 PM) *

Jeez, who is eletist now?

I've been in PCA about 4 years now, and get only positive reception with my little NARP. I'm sorry your experiences have been different, but I beleive that most PCArs have overcome their "inadequacy" issues now.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 29 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #29

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

It would be interesting to test the idea that "most" 914 owners are not in PCA. Most of the 914 owners I know are. Do I feel a poll coming on?

At the very least we need to get started on something like a commerative dash plaque.

Perhaps instead of a geometric center a location central to the greatest number of 914 owners if we can quantify that sort of thing might be more appropriate.
This would probably put the location closer to say... Red Rocks Utah in September... Say 9/14/09?
+Quote Post
black73
post Aug 29 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 3,801

I was agreeing with the regional events part...

nothing against PCA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
shelby/914
post Aug 29 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 4,655
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Attached ImageI think the ConeDodger is on th something here. Moab 09/14/09. We know lots of the Kalifornians can make it that far. They did last year.

+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Aug 29 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Aug 29 2007, 02:45 PM) *

Attached ImageI think the ConeDodger is on th something here. Moab 09/14/09. We know lots of the Kalifornians can make it that far. They did last year.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
If we had roads like that here in the River City, with the teen girls yacking on the cell, the teen guys texting while they drive, the air-headed, latte-drinking bimbos steering with their knees chatting on the phone, and the "blue hairs" wandering all over the road in their Buicks.....jeez, we'd have dozens killed every day if they had to drive on roads like that w/o guardrails. Neat roads (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) , but can they compare to Kansas?

BTW, that pic could go in a 914 calendar.

Paul
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Aug 29 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #33

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

9/14/09 Is a Monday... I can't take it off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
URY914
post Aug 29 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #34

****************************************************************************************************

Look I got nothing against PCA members but if we're going to run this as a PCA event we'll all have to be members and we're all not.

If we don't join up with PCA anyone can be involved, if we do run it thru PCA only PCA members can participate. What don't you understand about this?
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Aug 29 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #35

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I wouldn't be so quick to discount PCA.

We wouldn't need to run it as a full-open PCA event, but there is a "sub-organization" of the PCA called the 914 Special Interest Group (914SIG).

As I understand how things work, if we can plug into a local region, there is the opportunity to get under the umbrella of PCA insurance by working through the SIG. PCA membership encouraged (of course) but not required for individual participants.

Clay Perrine knows far more about this than I do... perhaps he will chime in.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Aug 29 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #36

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

The 40 bucks it takes to join PCA is FAR cheaper than each participant's share of the event insurance is likely to be. You'd have to be a FOOL to run an organized event like this without insurance. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
URY914
post Aug 29 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #37

I'm glad we have two years tto work out the details.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 29 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #38

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2007, 05:39 PM) *

9/14/09 Is a Monday... I can't take it off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Sure you can, just call in well.....or bored. Better yet, make yourself employee of the month with a day off as the prize. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Moab 9/14/09 sounds great to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
johannes
post Aug 30 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #39

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

I live 110 miles from Stuttgart (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ...

I think it's the right place to celebrate !

Don't you want to join ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Gustl
post Aug 30 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #40

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

for me it's a little less than 200 miles

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Gustl
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 04:02 PM