Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT (sort of) Oh the fun begins, filing a FedEx claim
911quest
post Sep 4 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,773
Region Association: South East States

Garold sorry to hear about this crap I have dealt with you personaaly on Ebay I bought the 912, very straight forward even sent the title Via certified letter
hope it works out.......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
STL914
post Sep 4 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Garold,

I had a similar experience about 6 years ago, but with the opposite position. I bought a Saratoga top from a guy in California who had it sent via UPS, even before I sent him payment. The box arrived at my door with a crushed corner and my wife called me at work. Got home and pulled out the top, front right corner shattered, ceramic mounting block for the latch also shattered, large scratch about 15" long from the latch as it fell in the box.

Seller didn't insure the package, but UPS had $200 coverage on it. I made several calls to UPS to find out what to do. Someone from UPS from out of state called me and warned me that UPS would take the top and ship it to their Florida center to sell it to recoup their up coming settlement. They tried 3 times to pick it up at my house and each time my wife told then to take a hike. I figured it was repairable, based on showing photos to a co-worker who had experience working with ceramics and plexiglas. He was able to repair it and handed me a bill, which I submitted to UPS.

It took over 6 months to get a settlement, the $200 sent to the seller. He was happy as a pig in shit because he sold me the top for $50. I was happy becuase I had the top, even though it was repaired, for $0. I later sold it on eBay for $250.
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Sep 4 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,438

Hey Garold,

At least the engine workshop cover your mom made me arrived without a single blem!!! Thanks again...

Sorry about the top. I once received a 914 hood from Arizona in a big single cardboard box with 4 sorry looking pieces of styrofoam, one in each corner, as the only padding/cushion. Needless to say, it was dented worse than the hood it was supposed to replace!

I never paid the guy, in the days before eBay, we both just forgot about it and moved on. I also have one negative feedback on eBay and it bugs me because up until then (and since then) eBay was the only place on this planet where I was absolutely PERFECT!!!!!

Paul
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Sep 6 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #24

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I suspect it's two different tops.

Where is this Mister Bob? Do we have a member close to him that can go verify the damage?

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
stateofidleness
post Sep 6 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

safe to say: DO NOT DEAL WITH "bhulton3367a"

i feel bad for you man! reading those emails made me feel like it was happening to ME and it wasnt a good feeling. hope it works out for you

and dont send him another dime (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

you might be able to file a dispute with paypal to recoup that refund of 234$

keep those emails handy too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Sep 6 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #26

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sorry to read about th eBS you have to deal with. BTDT
I sent a CAMP 914 recovered dashpad to a fellow in San Juan Cap. in Calif. by FEDEX. It was insured for $575.
It arrived damaged. He took pics and I told him to send it back and I would send another.
He returned it, I took pics and filed a claim. They said NO. Thye always say no to the first attempt.I then sent another email to the claims dept in Philly, I called and spoke to the Claims dept rep. She said send pics and they would look at it again.
They agreed and they sent me a check for $575. I resold the dash as-is for $300.
Good luck.
CCL
I now send the dash pads in a custom made wood box.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 7 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #27

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

after re-reading the terse and insulting replies, i'd have told him to go pound sand. everytime a box arrives, a buyer should inspect the outside of the box for damage. looks f-ed up? take the box to a fedex center and open it there if at all possible.

k
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Sep 7 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #28

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Lawrence @ Sep 6 2007, 04:45 PM) *

I suspect it's two different tops.

Where is this Mister Bob? Do we have a member close to him that can go verify the damage?

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

No need, I'm done with him. I messed up by refunding some money BEFORE I had more info. Funny, now I don't hear from him anymore since I asked for more detailed pcitures showing the scratch marks that were on the top before I sent it and "the new damage". For the record He is Bob Hulton from Pascoag, RI.

I guess live and learn, next time no refund until the item is returned to me. I will try and get something back from FedEx, but right now its not worth it to me. Thanks for your support guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Van914
post Sep 7 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #29

Van914

Member No.: 90

Garold,
I hope you recover the $ from FedEx. I have enjoyed our transactions over the years.
Van914
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 12:46 PM