Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's not right?, find the non CW/incorrect things in the photos
sixerdon
post Sep 12 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 731

The entire dash sub-assembly has been replaced.
Anyone know why?

Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 12 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #22

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 11:32 PM) *

Anyone know why?

Don

Dash sub-assembly? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Not sure what you mean.
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 12 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 12 2007, 07:38 PM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 11:32 PM) *

Anyone know why?

Don

Dash sub-assembly? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Not sure what you mean.

Let's see if someone else can pick up on it. If you did not build this car, you may not even realize it.

Don
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 12 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 11:43 PM) *

Let's see if someone else can pick up on it. If you did not build this car, you may not even realize it.

Don

I didn't build this car, but I am re-building it. Curious what you're refering to, because I am quite familiar with the car.
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 12 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 12 2007, 07:47 PM) *

Don

I didn't build this car, but I am re-building it. Curious what you're refering to, because I am quite familiar with the car.

OK. To confirm my statement, open the front hood and take a picture under the cowl in either corner.
Don
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 12 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 12 2007, 07:47 PM) *

Don

OK. To confirm my statement, open the front hood and take a picture under the cowl in either corner.
Don

OK Al,
My bad. I saw that last picture and thought it was your six. It's your LE.
Time for bed.
Don
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 12 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 11:53 PM) *

Don

Still not sure what you mean & the car has been repainted so what should I be looking for under the cowl?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 12 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 11:56 PM) *

OK Al,
Time for bed.
Don

No, it is my six, not my LE. LE should cruise through any concours, anywhere. The six looks far from original, but is still very factory looking. The dash is a 914 dash & I suspect it's the original. The instruments however, are far from 914. Only one 914 gauge in the car. Half are 1970 period correct & all OEM.
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Sep 12 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #29

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

I don't believe that for that color interior the door arm rests/pockets should be black on the bottom half.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 13 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 13 2007, 12:56 AM) *

I don't believe that for that color interior the door arm rests/pockets should be black on the bottom half.

I know what you're referring to, but they're also all black in my 100% stock LE. I don't know what year 914s had the interior-matching, Cinnamon/Tan door pockets. In any case the originals were black so they do belong. Be nice to find some Cinnamon/Tan pockets & see how they look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Photo is supposed to be a 73.

This post has been edited by Johny Blackstain: Sep 13 2007, 06:16 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 13 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 12 2007, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 12 2007, 11:56 PM) *

OK Al,
Time for bed.
Don

No, it is my six, not my LE. LE should cruise through any concours, anywhere. The six looks far from original, but is still very factory looking. The dash is a 914 dash & I suspect it's the original. The instruments however, are far from 914. Only one 914 gauge in the car. Half are 1970 period correct & all OEM.

The 4th picture down is what I was looking at. I was fooled initially by the tan interior of both your cars. Isn't that 4th picture of your LE dash?
Don
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 13 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 13 2007, 08:43 AM) *

The 4th picture down is what I was looking at. I was fooled initially by the tan interior of both your cars. Isn't that 4th picture of your LE dash?
Don

Yes Don, 4th pic is the LE. I put it in the thread as a reference. I'm still confused though, the dash has not been removed from the LE, ever. All the gauges in the LE belong & are the original instruments. However the six is still the subject of this thread. Her interior is a mix of OEM 70 & 74 interiors, w/ a pinch or two of 924, 911 & 356 parts added for flavor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Sep 13 2007, 07:47 AM
Post #33

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 13 2007, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 13 2007, 12:56 AM) *

I know what you're referring to, but they're also all black in my 100% stock LE. I don't know what year 914s had the interior-matching, Cinnamon/Tan door pockets. In any case the originals were black so they do belong. Be nice to find some Cinnamon/Tan pockets & see how they look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

Interesting . . . on my brown car the bottoms are color matched to the interior. I bet the /6 would look good with some Tan pockets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 13 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 13 2007, 04:55 AM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 13 2007, 08:43 AM) *

Don

Yes Don, 4th pic is the LE. I put it in the thread as a reference. I'm still confused though, the dash has not been removed from the LE, ever. All the gauges in the LE belong & are the original instruments. However the six is still the subject of this thread. Her interior is a mix of OEM 70 & 74 interiors, w/ a pinch or two of 924, 911 & 356 parts added for flavor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

I'm the one who was confused. I thought the 4th picture was that of your six. Nothing wrong with your LE dash unless it was in the six. Just ignore my original statement.
Don
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 13 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 13 2007, 09:47 AM) *

Interesting . . . on my brown car the bottoms are color matched to the interior. I bet the /6 would look good with some Tan pockets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) To be honest, I belive the door pockets in the six are brown & have been dyed black in a previous, umm "upgrade"... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) . Door pockets in the LE are real black, always have been. I really would like to find the Cinnamon door pockets, just to make the six a little more different than the LE. I think it was a 73 thing. I kept the 70 black & chrome window cranks in the six, for that reason. Previous incarnation also had retractable seat belts poorly installed. Very period correct, non-retractable ones now. The previous re-design also included the small, non-914 (1975 & up Porsche, VW, BMW, etc...) VDO gauges. They were also installed, although not working right, in the 1970 center console, and w/ a brown vinyl face plate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) . Only 1 gauge is a 914 gauge, the tach is also 1970 911. Spedo is the only original gauge in the car. A previous post stated that the carpet should have been Grey because of the center console. Close, but no- should be black. That color, early console, came w/ a lot of the darker colored carpeting, not just the grey needle loom.

So to recap:
Gauges- only 1 is correct & there are not supposed to be any in the center console.
Steering wheel is wrong.
Carpet was not available in that color loom in 1970
Passenger seat updated.
Interior leatherette color not available in 1970.
Wrong year arm rest/center compartment.
Black thresholds.
Door handle/lock cups.
Camp914 seat adjuster handles.
Floor mats, radio & speakers.
Can't see:compartment light made in Mexico, Engman aluminum pedal plate & JWest fuse box.

Anything else I'm not aware of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
TedK
post Sep 13 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 7,961

Al, what is involved in converting the passenger seat to adjusting? Any body mods(welding, etc) reqired?

Thanks

Ted K
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 14 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(TedK @ Sep 14 2007, 01:24 AM) *

Al, what is involved in converting the passenger seat to adjusting? Any body mods(welding, etc) reqired?

Thanks

Ted K

Ted-
A previous owner had the right half of the floor pan replaced after it rusted out. It was replaced with a later model, factory floor pan (stamped & coated w/ a thick white resin). These have the 2 rear seat, floor reinforcements already attached. So when this pan was welded in, all that was missing was the front tilt bracket mount, which was welded onto the crossmember & the rear hinges that hold the back of the seat (welded onto the reinforcements). I don't know if original six pans, sans seat reinforcements, are even available.

Once the floor brackets are all in place a later style interior can be plopped right in. Not CW correct, but this car has already been bastardized & it's much more comfortable for the passenger over the original. I like to modify w/ OEM parts for the "factory" look. Confuses the CWs' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:03 PM