Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche Club of America, How many of us are members?
Van914
post Mar 18 2003, 06:49 AM
Post #21

Van914

Group: Members
Member No.: 90
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I've been a member of The Ohio Valley Region of PCA for 15 years. Here the local club is very active with Track Events, Auto-X, Tech Sessions and great social events. (chili party, wine tasting, dirving tours...) It is well worth the $42. Local clubs all differ and we have members in ours because of the activity that should be in other locals. Your enjoyment as with most things is what you put into it.
Van
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Mar 18 2003, 07:38 AM
Post #22

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

I have been a member since shortly after I bought my first 914 (the one in my avatar) in '85. I find it worth at least $42/yr. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm still riding high on my AX runoff win with the Skippy cars from '98. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
joea9146
post Mar 18 2003, 08:00 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 283

Been a member for about 5 yrs,
have met some good people and enjoyed the events
+Quote Post
Don Wohlfarth
post Mar 18 2003, 08:41 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 117

Potomac Region for 17 years. We have over 2200 members so we have a lot of events. 4-5 concours, 6-8 ax's, 4-5 rally, picnic, crab feast, couple drive and dine, 2 new members meetings, 1 spring, 1 fall, with maybe 100 new members at each, HPDC, and 8 multi day de's, and 8 tech inspections, 1 for each de event, 6-8 general membership meetings, couple social events such as Fords Theater, Friday night sunset service at Marine Hdgtrs,etc.. Also sponsor club race where we have about 120 volunteers for corner workers, grid, tech support, etc.
Average year the region has about 65 events, enough that you can't do them all.
+Quote Post
HotRod
post Mar 18 2003, 11:16 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 142

Was a member of the Potomac (Founders) Region here in the DC area for 10 years or so, I let my memberhsip lapse once I realized that Pano was getting weak and I was more involved in SCCA stuff. PCA is great for cheap laping days...I did their club racing for two years and I'll reserve comment on some of the drivers I encountered in that series.

I'm building a 911S for the track and will probably join PCA again for the track days so I can sort the car some.

Overall, I would recommend it to any Porsche owner.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Mar 18 2003, 08:15 PM
Post #26

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Been a PCA member for 4 years. Did appreciate DD's contributions when I was the editor (sucker) of a local region. Learned the org inside and out.

Completely agree that life in or out of a club is what you make it. Met some really cool 356 guys that know more about 356s than we know about 914s.

Wish (like roadglue) people just drove somewhere, had a nice meal (beer?) and talked about cars. I'm a 914 gawker.

Wifey and I are in it for the AXs mostly. Would love to see more 914s show up. The wife needs the competition. Might move into TT at some point if we can learn how to drive.

I like PCA also for the cars. Most of the info you get in a Pano is as good or less than an Excellence mag.

Hey Brad, on your list of dues, didn't you forget Girls Scouts of America? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
Steve Thacker
post Mar 19 2003, 09:45 AM
Post #27

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Member No.: 113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm not a member yet after three years. I'm too much of a lone wolf I suppose. I just prefer to meet up for a casual drive or go to the classic car shows.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 19 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #28

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Rob,

They kicked me out of the GirlScouts.... FOR EATING BROWNIES.. LOL

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:08 AM