Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Idle Speed Adjustment, where is that screw?
mdwman
post Sep 28 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,764

Just took delivery of my '73 1.7 today. This car has been garaged since 1989 and is getting back on the road. It has the stock fuel injection and the idle fluctuates from about 500 to 1000 RPMs. After seaching previous posts, it sounds like the first thing I should do is check my hoses and try adjusting the idle speed. I have a Haynes manual and it shows a picture of the screw but is not real clear on the location. Where is that thing!? Under the air cleaner? Anyone have a good pic?

Thaks for the help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Cap'n Krusty
post Sep 28 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Check the dwell and timing. Hunting idle is a common symptom of incorrectly set timing. The idle air bleed screw is just below the rubber intake elbow that runs from the air cleaner to the throttle body. It "can" be accessed without removing the air cleaner, but I'd take it off the first time, so you can see where you're working.

The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:47 AM