Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mallory Install Part 3--No spark
jaybird840
post Oct 9 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,927
Region Association: Southwest Region

OK,
On to phase three of the Unilite install. I got the dizzy drive properly indexed and the dizzy set at TDC on #1. I verified by thumb-over-hole and by watching the valves. Now I am getting no spark out of the dizzy. Car ran on 009 dizzy two days ago. Replaced coil with new Bosch blue and installed the Unilite. I have checked and replaced all of the spade terminal ends, so I should have good contacts. From the Unilite, I have the brown wire to engine block ground, the green wire to coil neg (I assume that's the one with the minus sign), and red wire to coil positive (the one marked "15"). I say no spark, because I am getting no flash from a timing light (which worked two days ago, and shows to have power--it's digital). Attached is a pic of the coil. Let me know where to go from here....
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:19 AM