Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OLD Thread: Yet Another Group Buy on 'AA' Flares, (Ended 12/14/07) Anybody Got Pix?
euro911
post Oct 18 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #1

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

DEADLINE for this one: DECEMBER 14th 2007

But another one is in the planning for February/March 2008 time-frame

Payments that are still enroute will be deposited when received, then when they clear (approx 1 week) the total order payment will go off to George (hopefully by 12/26 or 12/27/07).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

As of 12/20/07, we're still holding at 15

14 Participants have PAID (P)

1 payment negotiation is underway in Georgia (..?..)

[b]Well, this is it for this 'buy':

(P) 1. Mark S. - euro911
(P) 2. Tom - wilhelm
(P) 3. Jeff - Jeffs9146
(P) 4. Ben - jaminM3
(P) 5. John , drive-ability
(P) 6. Albert - languenero
(P) 7. Byron - EVILGENIUS13
(P) 8. Chris - my928s4
(P) 9. Jose - atsealevel914
(P) 10. Garry - sixgt
(P) 11. Wes - Wes V
(P) 12. Chuck - gerziebaker (Pick up yours directly from AA)
(P) 13. Jamie - nsr914 (You did it dude) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
(P) 14. Steve - Porcharu

..?.. 15. Shelton - shelton ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) If you & George reach an accord, pick up yours directly from AA)

Recap from the previous episode:

OK ... for those of you who missed the last one (including me), here's your chance to get in on the NEW deal.

I PM'd George and asked if he was up for another one of these events ... and he replied:

"Always Mark. making a 914-6 gt clone is the RAGE these days! The current deal would be ten sets one check 650 per set plus shipping 49 states 50 dollars shipping and if they wanted to add some other parts reasonably light and regular sized the shipping would not increase. We will ship to each individually."

I just spoke with him on the phone too, and as you can see, the new deal is a departure from the earlier buy of only 6 sets to qualify, so this may be a little tougher to get lined up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

George's Guidelines:

* Minimum order is 10 sets
... Cost: $700. each ($650. + $50. shipping ea. CONUS)
... This is a savings of roughly $350. from the current catalog price
... only $650. (no shipping charge) if you can pick up directly from AA

* The entire order will need to be paid for with ONE check
... I created an escrow account to deposit your payments and I will write the check to 'AA'

* Shipments would be individually sent out to each participant's address.

You can post here, Post on NARP, or PM me (at either place) if you're seriously interested ...

PM me for my phone number if you want to talk to me personally.

Answers to questions(11-4-07):

1. Since we're getting close to having 10 committed participants, I contacted George again to check inventory (+/- 40 sets are available now).

2. As soon as we confirm we have 10 committed participants, I'll post a due date for the payments (tentatively, it looks like mid-December).

3. Payments ($700.00) will need to be made out to me, so I can deposit them into the account.

Payment Options:

* Bank Check
* Money Order
* Personal Check

4. Please send your payment(s) via 'Certified Mail', 'Signature Requested' (this protects each of us).

5. When all the payments 'clear' here, I send 'AA' a single payment for the total amount due and I will provide them with a spreadsheet with all participant's contact/shipping information on it.

6. When the payment clears 'AA', the flares ship to the address you provided me with.

I've provided current participants with my contact info ... so feel free to send me a PM, e-mail or call me if you have any questions or need to change anything (like your contact/shipping information).

Here's some eye candy to help with your decision: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

(My wife isn't an easy sell when it comes to me buying Porsche parts, but this is the pic I showed her ... and got her approval on) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chuck
post Oct 18 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #2

What it eventually will look like . . . .

Member No.: 7,632
Region Association: Northstar Region

Oops, replied in the old thread. There were 3-4 people that contacted me after the flares had already shipped. Hopefully they'll see this new thread and help you guys get to 10. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Oct 18 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

It depends on when the order will be placed. If it is in Nov then I think I can pull it off. If it is before that then I am out!
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Oct 18 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I replied in the other thread too before I saw this one...

I need to come up with the funds, but count me in.

1. Me
2. Wilhelm
3. Jeff Tucker (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
4. Todd Enlund

+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 19 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #5

I'm sure the list won't be at 10 buyers until at least November (only 2 weeks away) or even later ... and with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season just around the corner, this may not even happen till 2008?

However, I am canvassing other 914 owners that don't typically frequent any of the 914 forums, will also post on NARP, and possibly Club to see if I can rattle a few cages (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

If we get up to (or beyond) 10 potential buyers, I'll PM each of you for specific information and exchange phone numbers, etc. so we'll all be on the same page.
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Oct 19 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #6

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 18 2007, 11:59 PM) *

I'm sure the list won't be at 10 buyers until at least November (only 2 weeks away) or even later ... and with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season just around the corner, this may not even happen till 2008?

2008 would be good for me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

But I'll be ready by the time the list is full.
+Quote Post
jaminM3
post Oct 19 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I hope this takes a while so I have time to wrangle some money... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

What kind of payments are accepted? plastic?
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 19 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #8

I guess since I'm trying to get this one going, Ill be the go-to guy and cut the check to George.

I'll keep posting the updated list of participants in the first post in this thread.

Once the list gets up to 10 (or close to it), your funds will need to move fairly quickly.

There are a few options for payment:

I think the best options would be either a Personal Check, Bank Check, or Money Order(s) to me. I recommend you mail it by Certified Mail, Signature Receipt Requested.

OMITTED: PayPal is also an option, but there will be the customary 3% to cover their charge ($700. x 3% = $21.00) so I won't recommend this option

Again, feel free to PM me for my phone number if you want to talk to me personally.

If you know any other guys who want a set, let them know and get em on-board ...
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Oct 19 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 3,782

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) Count me in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)

John
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Oct 19 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,782

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 18 2007, 08:39 PM) *

I replied in the other thread too before I saw this one...

I need to come up with the funds, but count me in.

1. Me
2. Wilhelm
3. Jeff Tucker (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
4. Todd Enlund
5. John , drive-ability

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 26 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #11

Really trick trunk lid John (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I ran into Richard (Type-4 Unleashed) (metaphorically speaking) @ European Motorworks today ... looks like he could use a set of steel ones (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) ... he'll think about it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I wanted to wait to make sure we didn't have a bunch of fire casualties before bringing this subject up again. Anybody else interested in this deal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) speak up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Wilhelm
post Nov 1 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 8,088
Region Association: None

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 18 2007, 04:55 PM) *

OK ... for those of you who missed the last one, here's your chance to get in on the NEW deal.

Recap from the previous episode:

I PM'd George and asked if he was up for another one of these events ... and he replied:

"Always Mark. making a 914-6 gt clone is the RAGE these days! The current deal would be ten sets one check 650 per set plus shipping 49 states 50 dollars shipping and if they wanted to add some other parts reasonably light and regular sized the shipping would not increase. We will ship to each individually."

I just spoke with him on the phone too, and as you can see, the new deal is a departure from the earlier buy of only 6 sets to qualify, so this may be a little tougher to get lined up

* Minimum order is now 10 sets, still the same price: $700. each ($650. + $50. shipping ea. CONUS)

* The entire order will need to be paid for with ONE check, payable to AA
... (I will create an escrow account)

* Shipments would be individually sent out to each participant's address.

As of 4:30PM 10/19/07, we need at least 2 additional participants to make this work

1. Me
2. Wilhelm - wilhelm
3. Jeff Tucker - Jeffs9146 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
4. Todd Enlund - Todd Enlund
5. Ben Schmalz - jaminM3 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
6. John , drive-ability
7. Doug - griffin-doug
8. Albert - languenero

You can post here, Post on NARP, or PM me (at either place) if you're seriously interested ...

PM me for my phone number if you want to talk to me personally.

Here's some eye candy to help with your decision: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

(My wife isn't an easy sell when it comes to buying parts me Porsches, but this is the pic I showed her ... and got her approval on) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Just a Bump back to top to keep this in front of potential group buyers
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 4 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #13

Thanks for the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) ...

I received a PM from EVILGENIUS13
"Hey mark what's up? my name is bryon (EVILGENIUS13) , I am very interested in the group buy on the flares. i guess send me your number and i can call you about it. i live in san diego. talk to later.

BRYON"

That makes NINE (9) ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I responded:
"Hello Byron,

Thanks for your interest in the 'Group Buy' on Flares ...

In a nutshell, 'AA' currently sells a reproduction factory steel flare set for $995. + shipping ($50.), so if one wants orders a set individually, it will cost them $1,050.

With the 'Group Buy', the total cost is only $700. for any of the ten (or more) participants ... a cost savings of $350. for each person)

-----------

When we have the ten confirmed participants (hopefully more, in case someone decides too drop out), I will be asking everyone to send me one of the following by US Postal 'Certified Mail':

* Certified Bank Check
* Personal Check (if your account is in good standing)
... or
* Money Orders (M/O's are typically only good up to $500. each).

-----------

PM me with your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address, and I'll place you on the list.

Let me know if you need any additional info and I can call you back ..."

Additional Info:

I created an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of who's on-board for this buy ... I guess this would be a good time to have all the participants PM me with your contact info (name, address, phone number and e-mail address) and I'll fill in the blanks, and e-mail you back my contact info.

Mark ...
+Quote Post
my928s4
post Nov 4 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,018

QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 4 2007, 12:24 PM) *

I created an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of who's on-board for this buy ... I guess this would be a good time to have all the participants PM me with your contact info (name, address, phone number and e-mail address) and I'll fill in the blanks, and e-mail you back my contact info.

Mark ...

You have a PM.

Chris
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 5 2007, 03:32 AM
Post #15

PLEASE refer to the first post in this thread for all UPDATES

'George's Guidelines' and 'ANSWERS to Your Questions' are posted there ... (11/4/07)

Thanks ...
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Nov 7 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #16

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

Hello, I am a brand new member here and have an old 72 914 I am just starting to work on and want to fix up a bit and restore while giving it a look close to the old 914-6/GT cars. I most definetely need a set of these flares, but right now I don't have the funds. If you were to have another one of these group buys say in the spring of 2008 I would mostly definetely sign up and order a set.....would the shipping include Japan as well?

Also that Euro911 car is incredible, thats truly amazing!! Are those the same flares or OEM ones? How do these repro flares compare to the real thing? Thank you for your help. Please let me know if there are plans for another group buy in the near future, thank you

Jamie
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 7 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #17

Konnichiwa Jamie ... and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

I believe this is the third 'Group Buy' on flares (but don't quote me on it). I wasn't involved with the previous 'group buys', nor do I see me getting involved with another one (yet).

We currently have 9 committed participants, the 10th participant is hoping to be ready by mid December 2007. This qualifies us with the bare minimun requirement.

As for the silver car pic, that came from the Patrick Racing site (meaning: it is not MY car) ... but my POS could look similar after emptying my wallet for the flares, suspension upgrades, nice tires and wheels, paint, etc.

Yes, they are steel construction and from most reports I've received, they are fairly nice reproductions of the factory original flares.

The $50. shipping is only applicable in the Continental US, the costs would be more to ship to Japan ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm almost certain that someone else will arrange another group buy in the future, but keep watching this thread ... there may be a possibility that this particular buy could stretch out into early 2008 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
atsealevel914
post Nov 7 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,618

whats the address i gotta send the payment to. i pm'd you for your phone #.
please let me know, i got cash.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 7 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #19

We still have time to add more buyers if you are indeed interested.

A friend where I work was asking today, but he won't be ready until early 2008, so I'll keep a list of 'late-bloomers' in case a bunch of you guys want to do this again next year ...

I don't recommend sending cash ... much safer to convert it to a bank check or the appropriate quantity of Money Orders if you don't want to send a personal check.

I haven't received your PM as of yet ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ... try PM-ing me again, or send your contact info to the e-mail address in the PM I just sent to you.

Here's the list so far:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Nov 8 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #20

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

Hi, thanks for the reply....I might be able to possibly even make this group buy. You see I am going to sell some motorcycle parts to a friend and he is insisting on using PayPal so I thought maybe have my friend send it to the person in charge of the group buy, but I need to know how much for shipping. Do I send this payment to George directly at AA or to you.....its not confirmed but I might be able to work it out if I had another month or so......any deadlines?? I really need the flares.

Is there any way to see a car with the actual flares installed ?

If shipping would be around the same price would be great, I don't mind cheaper shipping but don't want to be paying like 200 dollars for EMS or Fed Ex, maybe throught the US post office perhaps?

The parts I hope to sell to raise money for the flares are about the same so this could work out perfectly.

Thank you,
Jamie
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:39 PM