Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OLD Thread: Yet Another Group Buy on 'AA' Flares, (Ended 12/14/07) Anybody Got Pix?
nsr-jamie
post Jan 27 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #121

914 guy in Japan

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

Hi, my flares showed up too a last week at my friends place in Oregon, now all I have to do is pick them up somehow, might be a while. Thanks very much Mark for helping me out with this. I can't wait to get them welded on and the car painted again. Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jan 27 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #122

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Thanks for checking in Jamie. Sorry you can't lay your hands on them right away. Make sure your friend keeps them in a dry place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Feb 11 2008, 01:15 AM
Post #123

Member No.: 3,518
Region Association: Northern California

Now that we have our flares - what wheels do you plan on using?? I am reading that I can use 9" front wheels but my tape measure says otherwise (it says 8" tops since 6" rubs now.)
Steve
+Quote Post
Wilhelm
post Feb 11 2008, 02:36 AM
Post #124

Member No.: 8,088
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Porcharu @ Feb 10 2008, 11:15 PM) *

Now that we have our flares - what wheels do you plan on using?? I am reading that I can use 9" front wheels but my tape measure says otherwise (it says 8" tops since 6" rubs now.)
Steve

I am going for the harsh wide ride of these reproductions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-8-10-Por...85676QQtcZphoto

I suspect I will end up doing a bit of a rear fender stretch to get the rear meats on as the offset is so outside the centerline. Technically I would need a 3" spacer with these, but I'm half way done making new rear housings to house 928 hubs and axle stubs to move the flanges outward the extra inches to avoid torque on the bearings. These 928 bearings are freaking huge! These housings will be fit onto 914 swing arms. It will accept 944 turbo drums and will use the intergal parking brake assembly. This is all going in my 327 SBC rig. Fortunately I have more time than common sense. I just wish I had some heat out in my tin building! (I'm waiting for the county to permit my new INSULATED shop) I'm finding making all the bits and peaces a blast; thats part of this old car thing anyway. I'll eventually post my pics of this process. No hijack intended. I chose these wheels as the price seemed reasonable and I like their look though I would have gone 17" if I could have found them.
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Feb 15 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #125

Member No.: 3,518
Region Association: Northern California

Is it a good or a bad idea to "pre-roll" the fender edges on the flares before installing them? I also remember Brad mentioning (back before the 'event') that there were some tricks to maximize tire clearance during the installation.
Steve
+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 17 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #126

You can utilize the rolling baseball bat method (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 16 2012, 12:46 AM
Post #127

Just ran across this old thread and wanted to know how you guys did with your installations?

Anyone got pix of their completed project(s)? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 04:52 PM