Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I rebuilt the rear calipers but........, the right side outside adjuster just spins
roadster fan
post Oct 19 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Project Frankenstein !!!!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,184
Region Association: Northern California

Hope someone can help (Eric Shea? are you out there?). I rebuilt the rear calipers on my 71, and went to adjust the venting clearance on the right side and ran into a problem. The adjuster on the outside half just spins without pushing out the piston. I am guessing I assembled it incorrectly but when putting it back together I swear everything was working (2 weeks ago), now it just spins. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Hope someone comes up with easy solution, or else tomorrow off it comes and I will tear it apart and check it out.

Oh, by the way, thanks Eric Shea for the rebuild write up in the Classic Forum, could not have done it without you.

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:08 AM