Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> CRAP!!!!!! Emissions problems... HELP!, Need advice!!
ninefourteener
post Dec 30 2003, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Ok.... Illinois decided that I had to get the teener inspected... so I did..... it passed everything EXCEPT the Hydrocarbons test. (I think.... thats the one that measures "unburnt fuel" right?) The max is like 800-something, and my car blew 3000-something.

Before ANYONE starts, my car runs INCREDIBLE, and I don't want to change, alter, adjust ANYTHING. Need to know if there's any special "tricks" I can use to get this thing through.

Granted, the teener wasn't fully warmed up, cause it's so cold outside.... the gauge was only reading about 1/2 as high as normal operating temp.. would that cause it??

So.. here's the scoop.... the engine has about 6 or 7K miles on it. Its a 2.0, lots of minor upgrades to the heads, valves, cam, etc, but nothing too significant. I have the reciepts (just not with me now), and I know thew PO spent over $5k just on the engine it done right. It's NOT fuel injected.. it has been coverted over to dual Solex carbs.... and I know thats why its probably failing.

I know I used to have an 80 Elcamino.... took out the 305, and dropped in a 396BB with a nasty cam. I ran the tank almost empty, dropped in 2 bottles of dry gas, and the thing passed emissions better than a honda Civic--LOLThe emissions guy knew I was full of shit, but who cares.. I passed. Will that work? Will running a teener on dry gas for 20 or 30 minutes severely hurt it??

Lastly... I don't want to be emissions exempt, nor do I want to register it as an antique.. I want to get this thing through inspections just like any other car.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:39 PM