Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fog light wiring?
Mark Henry
post Mar 18 2003, 08:22 AM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I finally got my new Pilot lights, I now have everything to do the job.

I know how to wire it stock and do the high beam 'cut out' by-pass etc.

BUT what I really want, is to be able to turn on the fogs anytime my little heart desires.

Demick, Brad, anybody can you tell me how to do this on my '74? Thanks Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Demick
post Mar 18 2003, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

Pretty simple.

Make sure your battery is disconnected. Remove the headlight switch from the dash mounted location and let it hang down below the dash. Locate the black wire w/ blue stripe that is plugged into the #56 terminal (there will also be a grey wire and on a '73 car there will be a red wire w/ white stripe all connected together). Carefully cut the black wire w/ blue stripe as close to the end as possible leaving no part of the wire exposed. Crimp a piggy-back spade connector to the end of this wire.

A piggy back spade terminal looks like this:
(IMG:http://www.geocities.com/amabilidade/kz864.jpg)

Now, if you want to be able to turn on your fog lights anytime the ignition key is turned on, then locate the #15 ternimal on the headlamp switch and remove the connector that is attached to it. Plug on the black wire w/ blue stripe and then piggyback the wire that was originally on the #15 terminal.

My preferred setup however, is for the fog lights to be able to go on with the running lights. This allows me to leave the fog light switch on all the time and they come on anytime the headlight switch is pulled into the running light or the headlight position. So if I want the fogs without the headlights, then I just pull the headlight into the running light position. To do this conversion, simply use the 'K' terminal on the headlight switch rather than the #15 terminal. Everything else is identical.

That's it. Good Luck!
Demick
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Mar 18 2003, 10:12 AM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Thanks Demick

Was my "74 914 suppost to have 2 horns? Option? It seems to have the wiring for a second horn.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 18 2003, 03:52 PM
Post #4

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Option.

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:07 PM