Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical gremlin, Issues involving lights
Phoenix914
post Nov 13 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,322
Region Association: South East States

Since I started driving this car, I've experienced an intermittent problem that somehow involves the headlights, turn signals and engine ignition.

1) The headlights won't go to high beams. I just replaced the headlight relay, thinking it was bad, but no high beams still.

2) When I turn on the headlights, sometimes, not all the time, the engine misfires and runs very rough. If I turn the headlights off and leave the parking lights on, no misfire.

3) The turn signals are erratic. They will flash at different rates. Last night I pulled over in a parking lot because the car was running so rough. I left the right turn signal on for a minute and it stared flashing faster and faster, until it was almost a strobe light. I could hear a relay on the fuse block buzzing because it was working so fast.

What is happening here???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:55 PM