Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V « < 14 15 16  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Orange 75 project, Clutch and Shifter setup
matthepcat
post Aug 9 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #301

Meat Popsicle

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

Cool. The stock injectors are 550cc on that motor I believe. If you plan to run anything over 325HP (which you are close if you are looking for 275 at the wheels) then you might need more fuel. Could be worth a larger injector for the possibility you want more oomph....which you will eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Aug 9 2016, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 9 2016, 03:25 PM) *

Ed,

The car is looking great painted. Very excited to see it come together and run.

You mentioned you plan to run a larger turbo & I assume injectors. Have you picked out a turbo yet?

Having followed this thread with the previous owner, I also suggest fabricating a new downpipe from the turbo with a bellmouth or divorced wastegate pipe.

Hey Matt
Hope all is well. I have a Subie tuner near me, he is suggesting a VF23 Hybrid, which runs a different impeller. No need for different injectors, I am going for a pretty modest gain. I am thinking around 275HP to the wheels. The agree with the downpipe, it is on the list

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Aug 9 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #302

Member No.: 19,325
Region Association: None

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 9 2016, 06:44 PM) *

Cool. The stock injectors are 550cc on that motor I believe. If you plan to run anything over 325HP (which you are close if you are looking for 275 at the wheels) then you might need more fuel. Could be worth a larger injector for the possibility you want more oomph....which you will eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Aug 9 2016, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 9 2016, 03:25 PM) *

Ed,

The car is looking great painted. Very excited to see it come together and run.

You mentioned you plan to run a larger turbo & I assume injectors. Have you picked out a turbo yet?

Having followed this thread with the previous owner, I also suggest fabricating a new downpipe from the turbo with a bellmouth or divorced wastegate pipe.

Hey Matt
Hope all is well. I have a Subie tuner near me, he is suggesting a VF23 Hybrid, which runs a different impeller. No need for different injectors, I am going for a pretty modest gain. I am thinking around 275HP to the wheels. The agree with the downpipe, it is on the list

I don't think the injectors are going to be my limiting factor, I am more concerned about cooling the air as getting airflow through the intercooler, and placing the intercooler for that matter, are going to be challenges which may make 250RWHP more realistic, Once I get it running I can switch injectors, especially if I ultimately end up with a water to air intercooler. What my real plan entails is dropping it off to the tuner and letting him figure it out. It will get a bellmouth down pipe immediately.

In addition to those performance thoughts taxing my minimalist brain, I am knee deep in evaporator air conditioner parts so I can drive the car year around here.
+Quote Post
vin man
post Aug 29 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #303

Member No.: 11,380
Region Association: Southwest Region

Great project and nice meeting you Ed. I needed to subscribe to this build to get info for my own subaru conversion!
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Aug 29 2016, 04:33 PM
Post #304

QUOTE(vin man @ Aug 29 2016, 01:25 PM) *

Great project and nice meeting you Ed. I needed to subscribe to this build to get info for my own subaru conversion!

Vin
Mine is going in to mount the larger intercooler and exhaust next week, am expecting it to go to the dyno guy the following week. Once they are taken care of it is time to assemble. Just got the seats back from the upholstery guy, so I am almost there on parts. Looking forward to driving it.
Ed
+Quote Post
vin man
post Jan 22 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #305

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Aug 29 2016, 03:33 PM) *

Mine is going in to mount the larger intercooler and exhaust next week, am expecting it to go to the dyno guy the following week. Once they are taken care of it is time to assemble. Just got the seats back from the upholstery guy, so I am almost there on parts. Looking forward to driving it.
Ed

How's the progress coming Ed?
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Jan 22 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #306

QUOTE(vin man @ Jan 22 2017, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Aug 29 2016, 03:33 PM) *

Ed

How's the progress coming Ed?

Progress is being made, although not as quickly as I would like. The inter cooler plumbing is done, installed, taken apart and at powder coating. Exhaust is at the ceramic coaster. The AC Condensor is at the fab guy having mounts welded on to the radiator. I am finishing up the evaporator, it is going under the cowl. I am notching the gas tank to get it all to fit. Getting the bumpers back from the chrome guy tomorrow.

I am moving along. How are you doing with yours?
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Feb 11 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #307

Finally got the intercooler plumbing back from the powdercoater, got it mocked up.

Attached Image

Just picked up my bumpers from the plater, I am in the process of building the grill for it, then I will be attaching them next weekend.
+Quote Post
vin man
post Feb 12 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #308

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Feb 11 2017, 05:59 PM) *

Finally got the intercooler plumbing back from the powdercoater, got it mocked up.

Attached Image

Just picked up my bumpers from the plater, I am in the process of building the grill for it, then I will be attaching them next weekend.

Glad to see the progress. Looking forward to seeing it on the road!
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Feb 12 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #309

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

Looks great, have any picture of the completed paint job?

Cheers
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 11 2018, 10:22 AM
Post #310

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Anything new? You got this bad boy on the road yet? Love to see it at Route 66 this year
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Feb 11 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #311

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 11 2018, 09:22 AM) *

Anything new? You got this bad boy on the road yet? Love to see it at Route 66 this year

I am bleeding the cooling system tonight, I finished up the Hydraulic clutch ( needs to be bled), I am waiting on a fuel tank fitting.

It will be at Route 66 run.
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Feb 11 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #312

i Am trying to figure out what throttle cable stop to use on the Susie throttle body. any suggestions?
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:31 PM