Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best engine/FI system combo for the future., Which is best stock FI system?
ottox914
post Nov 28 2007, 07:41 AM
Post #21

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here is a link to my SDS install. I used some ITB's from Jake, so some of the install will be different from an install w/stock intake pieces, but you'll get the general idea.

Yes, dropping the engine is about 99% manditory. Finding a way to mount the crank sensor is the reason. If you went with SDS fuel only, and used a Mallory dizzy, dropping the engine would not be needed, but for a couple hundred more, the advantages of programable, crank fired ignition were enough to convice me to drop the engine and go with the full meal deal.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=53733&hl=

Hard to know what the engine "made" for HP, as Jakes numbers come from an engine dyno, and mine are from a chassis dyno, and one known to be "low" compaired to a dynojet or mustang. I'm expecting the corrected HP to be 105-110 at the crank for a stock-ish 2.0. It has euro p/c's, a slight head shave, resulting in ? for an actual compression ratio. I'm guessing its just over 9:0-1, but the builder (Brad Mayeur) did not check the actual ratio when building it. At the time, this was his "standard" performance upgrade. Stock lame-o cam, stock heads. Kerry hunter exhaust and supertrapp. Thats about it.

EZ to install? With the exception of the crank sensor, which was not all that bad to do anyway, this was a breeze.

Do it again? In a heartbeat.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:41 PM