Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's average cylinder temp for a 2.6?
p914
post Nov 26 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117
Region Association: None

Assume the heads are cast iron. What's a common temp range they run in cold or hot weather?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Nov 26 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Cast iron heads??

If you are running cast iron clunker (big bore 100+mm cast iron cylinders) you can expect CHT at minimum of 350F if you are lucky..

Where is your CHT snsor?

CHT isn't effected much at all by ambient temp differences, mine run the same winter or summer in all my cars.
+Quote Post
p914
post Nov 26 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,117
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 26 2007, 04:13 PM) *

Cast iron heads??

If you are running cast iron clunker (big bore 100+mm cast iron cylinders) you can expect CHT at minimum of 350F if you are lucky..

Where is your CHT snsor?

CHT isn't effected much at all by ambient temp differences, mine run the same winter or summer in all my cars.

Yep 103mm cast Iron Clunkers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) I don't have a gauge, just using the stock cht and am looking into the hooking the gauge that works off the #3 plug. We hit it with an infrared gun on the #3 cylinder and it was reading 280 after a nice long drive. Oil temp was running 217, (using brad penn 20-50) Don't know what the oil pressure was because I haven't put that gauge in yet either. Working on those 2 gauges.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Nov 27 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #4

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

The infrared is worthless. CHT can drop 100 degrees by the time you pull off the road and open the decklid to shoot that worthless meter at the engine. These gauges read surface temperature and too often thats the temperature of the fins, not core temp- so its worthless..

Install that CHT, then we'll talk.. I wouldn't be driving that car with those cylinders without that CHT installed!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:09 AM