Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kumho V710s @ Tirerack, 205/50/15s are cheap all of a sudden
yarin
post Dec 23 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

I recall a few months ago they slashed prices on the V710s. Then prices moved back to normal around $187 or so. I just checked, prices are back to $122/tire. Pretty damn good!! I just ordered a set. I was going to order Tech R-As, but i can certainly justify $3 more a tire for 710s.

I corded a tire last autox, i managed to squeeze 6 autoxs times two drivers out of a set of used Hoosier A6s i got off ebay for $250. Now its time for my first brand new set of R compounds. Can't wait!!

Jump on this deal now! I checked the other sizes, 205/50/15 is the only size that is deeply reduced.. weird

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?ma...tnum=05WR5EV710
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sww914
post Dec 24 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146
Region Association: None

That's the spec Mazda tire, they sell lots of them so the price is lower.
+Quote Post
yarin
post Dec 24 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #3

'14-X'in FOOL

QUOTE(sww914 @ Dec 24 2007, 02:13 AM) *

Yea who knows how their supply chain works. Well in any case... thank you spec miata guys!! Can't argue with cheap 710s..
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 24 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(yarin @ Dec 24 2007, 04:07 AM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Dec 24 2007, 02:13 AM) *

Yea who knows how their supply chain works. Well in any case... thank you spec miata guys!! Can't argue with cheap 710s..

If you had ever been on the track with a spec Miata or a Spec 7 for that matter you might not want to thank them. But at least they are good for something.

Chris Foley might have a thing or two to say about the Spec Miata boys... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Dec 24 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #5

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

got some 710s a couple of months ago when they were cheap.

The Miata guys are just plain crazy...
running off track, running into each other and any poor unfortunate sole that happens to be in the area.

Ran with a few of them a few months back at Laguna...I was driving a Spec Boxster...

Ran several of them into the ground and then managed to have one of them go off in front of me coming down the hill between 9 and 10. He was trying to keep me behind him and went way off right.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
And I wasn't even pushing him hard...just running 1:46s
I just closed about 10 car lengths on him between 7 and 9.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
Oh well. as long as Spec Miatas are a big thing...we should be able to get good tires and deals on 205x15s
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Dec 24 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #6

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Lots of older hondas, and other smaller AX cars use 205's too. Dont think we will see the size go out of style anytime soon.

Yaris and Vitz cup cars use 205/50/15 too thats been a very popular series in Europe and Japan.

My experience with Spec Miatas tells me drivers have a wide variety of expereince, from people who are outstanding drivers who can keep their cars on edge all day without a spin to guys who just dont belong on the track.

I have seen GT3's, Areil Atoms, M3's, Lotus Elises and even 914's spin as much as spec Miatas. With all the carnage I have seen with GT3's lately I suspect they are scarier than many spec miata drivers. There are just fewer of them!
+Quote Post
DanT
post Dec 24 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #7

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

agreed Grant.
that is what I have been experiencing as an instructor the last few years.

the cars are getting faster and faster but the newbie drivers aren't getting any better to start with.

all of the newer Porsches have extreme performance potential at AX and especially at the track...stock right out of the box they are scary fast.

Spec Miatas are on the ragged edge all the time. The guy that went off in front of me was supposedly one of the young gun hot shoes in Norcal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Nice guy, but boy did he go off big time...Bill was in the car with me at the time and we both were rather surprised.
+Quote Post
Racer
post Dec 26 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I hope this isn't entirely false info, but I read on another board that Khumo is modifying the build/construction of the V710 and therefore folks are selling the old stuff cheap to make room for the newer design. My guess is the price will be back up another $25-50/tire come springtime.
+Quote Post
yarin
post Dec 26 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #9

'14-X'in FOOL

I heard that a few months ago.. Well to be correct, I heard tires that were marked down back in September were built in 2005. Didn't hear about a redesign, if so that's fine by me!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:26 AM