Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Long, sordid tale w/ a question at end, how did my dizzy get 90deg off?
nebreitling
post Jan 4 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

being equal parts idiot and newbie, i've got myself into a bit of a predicament. basically, my dizzy is off 90degrees from TDC.

last month, i pulled my distributor out to install a crane xr700 and just do a bit of general cleaning, greasing, etc. i lined up the rotor over the mark on the dizzy body (~TDC) before pulling it. i didnt bother to check for TDC on the fan, thought i'd be close enough.

i completed the installs and cleaning, etc. put the dizzy back in. cranked it, didn't start. i'd forgoten to plug in the FI points. tried again, nothing. pulled the dizzy, messed with it, replaced it-->nothing. then i had to leave the country.

now i'm back messing w/ it, and have resolved to get it done right. i found TDC by the scribe on the flywheel, confirmed it at the impeller, and then opened up my distributor cap. whoa!: the rotor was pointing 90degrees foward from TDC; i.e. it was pointing at wire 4.

the distributor body is oriented correctly, with the vacuum unit pointing towards the drivers side, the #1 wire at the front left, etc. how the hell did i do this? how can i fix it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

thanks in advance (no pun intended) for your replies....

nathan

sorry, no camera; no pics.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 12:58 AM