Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> alignment math, all you numbers guys check my math!!
jaybird840
post Jan 4 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,927
Region Association: Southwest Region

OK,

I'm working on a home alignment on my teener, and am trying to calculate my camber adjustments. I can't use the bird board measurements because I'm running 18" wheels. So, in order to get an adjustment measurement, I calculated the circumference of my wheels--outer lip to outer lip (this is where I take my measurements). C=diameter x pi--right? So if my wheels measure 19.5", then the circumference = 19.5 x 3.14159 which gives a circumference of 61.26". If you divide the circumference by 360, then 1 degree = .17". In order to run 30" of negative camber, I divide by three again to give me .05" or 1.43mm. Now, in order to achieve that number, I must multipy by two to get the actual measurement from the bottom of the rim to the top of the rim, right? Long story short, my measurement needs to be 2.86 (call it 3mm) greater at the top of the rim than the bottom of the rim, right? I'm a cop, not a math genius, so you engineers feel free to chime in.... thanks tons!!!!!

While on the subject of alignments.... What should the toe in measurements be in degrees? Am I right that a 32nd on 15's is different than a 32nd on 18's?

--jaybird
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:46 PM