Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sudden flooding while running, Engine just dies - why?
ThinAir
post Jan 29 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

My 1970 914-4 with factory LJet DJet FI ran fine when it was parked about 3 years ago, and when I fired it up to take it to the RRC last September all was well until the first outing. We went around a corner and the thing just died. It smelled horribly of unburned fuel and it was clear that the engine had flooded. This happened again about 5 times on the trip back to Flagstaff from Moab. In each case we were able to get it started again, but it's a real pain to have the thing die when you are right in the middle of passing someone at 70+ mph!

I'm pretty sure that this has to be a loose connection or a wire that has worn through the insulation and is grounding occasionally. In order to make it easier to find, the question I have is what component would cause such a behavior? Knowing that might make it easier to track down where the problem is coming from. Any ideas? I want to put this back on the road for the Rt66 Classic in March.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:10 PM