Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What do you know about hydroforming?, Exhaust tubes
ChrisFoley
post Jan 15 2004, 11:56 PM
Post #1

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

I'm sick and tired of buying from Hooker (Holley). They have had substantial price increases two years running. NO one else makes the tube bends I need in 16ga. They form them in Mexico, ship them to Cali, then to a parts wholesaler in Rhode Island, before I get them. It takes about 10 weeks unles I place a special order and pay shipping on top of their already high price. Then they screw me over by only shipping partial orders. After forcing me to order box quantities they ship half boxes sometimes.

I wonder if I could come up with a piece of equipment to form the complex bends I need for my headers, if I were to use hydro technology instead of the traditional method.
Everything I've seen so far using hydroforming is diffferent and even more complex than what I want to do.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:07 AM