Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fog Lamp circuit breaker pops. Why?, Haven't a clue where to start
Rav914
post Apr 17 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #1

All-weather fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,669
Region Association: None

Short background: I installed a set of Hella 500's on a car that didn't have fogs to begin with. I decided to follow the directions that came with the lamps. It didn't work. I just burnt up a wire (now repaired) and wasted my time.

So...I bought an OE switch and connected the lights to the wires already in the car.

Connections:
Black wire on lamps to the yellow and white wires from the car.
Blue wires on lamp (ground) to brown ground.

K on switch to gray/red.
31 on switch to brown ground.
15 on switch to brown/blue

on the CB panel I see the red/black, gray/red, white/blue, and white/yellow wires taped together and go under a black relay.

I'm assuming all is good. But when I turn on the lights and pull the fog light switch, the lights dim momentarily and then "snap", the CB pops.

What am I missing? Do I need to install the relay that came with the lights? I'm so bad with electronics, I don't even know where to start. Except that I checked and cleaned all grounds. I checked and traced all wires - no issues. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:22 PM