Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> does the transducer in the taco plate ever go bad?
type47
post Apr 19 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #1

Viermeister

Group: Members
Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

i installed a combo gauge with the oil temp gauge and it doesn't register oil temp. when i turn on the ignition, the needle on the gauge moves to bottom of range so i'm getting power to the gauge. i traced continuity from the transducer to the gauge (but will check again). i'm thinking either the transducer doesn't work (which i doubt and want to know if anyone experienced a failure) or the plate that mounts the sender isn't grounded, like, the paper gasket i cut for between the mounting plate and the cover plate doesn't allow a ground connection.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2-OH!
post Apr 19 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,253

The "Temp Sensor" screws into the plate and yes there must be a grounding path between the body of the sensor and the battery...

The wire, plugs into the spade connector on the sensor...

The gauge measure the resistance between the two as produced by the internals of the sensor...

2-OH!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:20 PM