Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> san luis obispo 914 owners
dw914er
post Apr 28 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Planning Cities

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

who is out here on the forum.

so far ive seen a black (1.8?) floating around every few weeks

and this weekend i saw a red 914 and a orange 914 gt style at a local porsche shop near the volvo dealership.

just curious who they are
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Apr 28 2008, 01:25 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

I'm in Los Osos with my Maroon 72, and a beater black 71. A friend has a teal green 72, Bondo has a blue flared car. Thee are a bunch in the Santa Maria & 5 cities area.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Apr 28 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

I know of 4 or 5 stretched out from Lompcc to Paso Robles. I'm hoping to do a day trip over to Morro Bay in the near future. Maybe we can all meet up at the Coffee Pot for brunch...
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post Apr 28 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #4

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

Sorry for the OT.....Hey markb, you guys ever get a working sewer system in Los Osos or did the EPA shut the toilet lids (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) ? I was going to work on the new system until the community had the riot....Just curious what happened in the end....
+Quote Post
sww914
post Apr 28 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

Asking about the sewer in Los Osos is about the same as calling somebody's ugly kid a monkey face! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Los Osos- We can't take care of shit.
The orange GT might be Greg and Tricia's car, race914 from Nipomo.
+Quote Post
race914
post Apr 28 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #6

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027

Hi dw914er!

That's our Signal Orange 914-6 in the shop. Actually to be more accurate, that's Tricia's 6, my 4 is broke! The 6 is getting ready for the 3 day track event at Buttonwillow over Memorial Day. Going from Hoosiers to Slicks and have to make some alignment changes.

There are quite a few members in the area. I think we need a 'California Central Coast' region we can all sign up for.

It would be cool to have a 914 get together for this area.

Greg

+Quote Post
race914
post Apr 28 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #7

73 914-4

Ok let me toss this out for a 914World, California Central Coast get together...

May 14th is the Buttonwillow Track Day Pre-Tech Inspections to be held in San Luis Obispo. Specifically at 6pm at the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crest.gif) Porsche dept of Smith Volvo. 1185 Monterrey St., SLO

This would be a great place to meet with our 914s! We can also see all the Porsches going through Tech Inspection for the track event; and checkout Strasseusa.com which is on-site.

I've checked this out with both the Porsche Club hosting the event, and Strasse and they both enthusiastically extended an invite to 914World members to attend, and check things out! They are even setting up a BBQ with Polish Dogs for PCA that will be available to us too for a couple of bucks.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif)

Besides an opportunity to meet each other, meet some PCA folks, eat some polish dogs, check out all the cars, who knows, you might end up entering the Drivers Ed on 5/23. You don't have to be a PCA member, you don't need any mods to your car (it only has to be in good shape) you only need a helmet (which you can rent for $10) and the $145 entry fee is cheap for a track day with a PCA instructor!

I'll be there with our Signal Orange 914-6. Hope to meet you, and your 914, there!
+Quote Post
sww914
post Apr 28 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I agree that when some admin has some spare time it would be nice to have a Ca Central Coast Region set up. I'll come to the Tech Day, too, even if my car's not done yet.
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Apr 28 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #9

Planning Cities

QUOTE(race914 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:12 AM) *

Ok let me toss this out for a 914World, California Central Coast get together...

May 14th is the Buttonwillow Track Day Pre-Tech Inspections to be held in San Luis Obispo. Specifically at 6pm at the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crest.gif) Porsche dept of Smith Volvo. 1185 Monterrey St., SLO

This would be a great place to meet with our 914s! We can also see all the Porsches going through Tech Inspection for the track event; and checkout Strasseusa.com which is on-site.

I've checked this out with both the Porsche Club hosting the event, and Strasse and they both enthusiastically extended an invite to 914World members to attend, and check things out! They are even setting up a BBQ with Polish Dogs for PCA that will be available to us too for a couple of bucks.

Besides an opportunity to meet each other, meet some PCA folks, eat some polish dogs, check out all the cars, who knows, you might end up entering the Drivers Ed on 5/23. You don't have to be a PCA member, you don't need any mods to your car (it only has to be in good shape) you only need a helmet (which you can rent for $10) and the $145 entry fee is cheap for a track day with a PCA instructor!

I'll be there with our Signal Orange 914-6. Hope to meet you, and your 914, there!

\
ill try to stop by. I go to redlands that friday to visit parents, and a job interview at guitar center.

Unfortunately, i only drive the rsx up here for school, and i have the 914 in my parents garage in redlands while i am at school. So, ill stop by and try to meet everyone, and hopefully i can try to get my 914 up here in the future
+Quote Post
race914
post Apr 28 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #10

73 914-4

QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 28 2008, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:12 AM) *

\
ill try to stop by. I go to redlands that friday to visit parents, and a job interview at guitar center.

Unfortunately, i only drive the rsx up here for school, and i have the 914 in my parents garage in redlands while i am at school. So, ill stop by and try to meet everyone, and hopefully i can try to get my 914 up here in the future

Ben,

That sounds great. Most of us have 'other cars' so no problem on that : )

Thanks for your initial post. Look what all you started!

Greg
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Apr 28 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #11

Planning Cities

i love meeting up with 914 owners.

I know when im down in so cal for summer, i want to do a big bear run, and try to get more people to a classic car show that i always see a few porsches.

I should try to get some zone 8 porsches and maybe some of the central coast 914's to go to the show then do a big bear run and bbq after.

idk, just some initial planning stages
+Quote Post
race914
post May 6 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #12

73 914-4

As a result of this thread and a request to the Admins, McMark has created a "Central California" region! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

More info on 914World regions, and how to sign up here

Thanks McMark!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post May 6 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,407

I'll see ya all there.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
dw914er
post May 6 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #14

Planning Cities

ill try to be at the bqq, though i technically have class, so ill try to go to a different class
+Quote Post
race914
post May 7 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #15

73 914-4

We'll have our 6 there, so with Elliot coming that makes at least 2 914s

Attached Image

The new slicks will be there, and on the car. Guy's re-aligning for the cantelevers since we've been running Hoosier DOT-Rs up until now.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
markb
post May 7 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #16

914less :(

Member No.: 180

I should be there with the red car. Or the black car. Whatever I decide to drive that day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post May 7 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(markb @ May 7 2008, 09:18 AM) *

I should be there with the red car. Or the black car. Whatever I decide to drive that day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Or which ever one will start? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
race914
post May 7 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #18

73 914-4

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 7 2008, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ May 7 2008, 09:18 AM) *

Or which ever one will start? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) gonna be a fun face to face 4 sure! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
sww914
post May 7 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

I'm planning to get super drunk and spill beer all over everyone's shoes and lean on all of the expensive cars. I'll probably tell everyone how much I love them too, even if I just met them.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post May 7 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #20

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246

QUOTE(sww914 @ May 7 2008, 09:39 PM) *

I'm planning to get super drunk and spill beer all over everyone's shoes and lean on all of the expensive cars. I'll probably tell everyone how much I love them too, even if I just met them.

......................... at the top of your voice ................... The Cap'n
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:33 AM