Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is there a "Teener's Anonymous" chapter near me?, I am buying 3 914 project cars!
jcd914
post May 9 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a....

I probably need a recovery group or professional help.

I talked with a guy yesterday that has 3 914's plus spare parts he wants to sell as a package deal. I have no room and no time but feel compelled to go look because this could be "the deal of a lifetime" (yea right). I have bought a few "deals of the lifetime" but never actually got one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I only know what he told me about these.
914 #1 72 1.7L His original project, Disassembled for restoration 10 + years ago, stored inside, minor rust in hell hole and battery tray. No body damage, has all the parts plus many extras.
914 #2 73 2.0L Bought as parts car for #1. Complete car w/ engine out and disassembled. Mostly straight, just minor dings but needs paint. Less rust than #1. Bought with engine out so function of all else unknown.
914 #3 70 1.7L He wanted to drive a 914 and project #1 was not getting anywhere fast so he bought a runner. Fixed brakes, steering, replaced carpeting, tires and some other stuff that has slipped from my brain (hey I talked to he yesterday). Was a driver until recently when there was a load bang from the tranny and he lost 1st & reverse. He says it smoke a little on start up but it's big issue is rust. Words to the effect of "Kind of ugly underneath".

Now I have not seen these cars so I am only going on what I was told but it seems like there is some potential here.

914 #3 Tranny could be fixed or swapped with tranny from #1 (both tail shifters). Would be a rusty runner, could be sold to recoup some of investment. Sound like the cars is decent except the rust. How much rust does it really have? What could it be sold for?

914 #1 could be sold as a restoration project to someone. If the body is as straight and has as little rust as described it could be a nice car to restore or reassemble. How far down has it been stripped?

914 #2 These is the car I am most interested in. Engine for #2 could be fixed or replaced (I have a running engine), should/could be a runner, a better starting point for me compared to my current car. Swap my suspension (5 bolt) on to this one and sell mine as a parts car.

I am going try to go look at these over the weekend and I will share what I learn about them with the world.

Anyone in N CA want to store a 914 or two?
Anyone on N CA looking for a resto project?

Is there a treatment for this sickness I have?

Thanks for listening.

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:05 AM