Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need a body, My body man sold his shop!!
Ian Stott
post May 13 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

I am getting a little frustrated, was patiently waiting for my body man as he is the best around here, he only does so many rustorations and is worth waiting for, within reason. I was expecting to be at the stage of putting my car back together by now, passing the safety inspection and driving around a bit. Car would be not even close to being done but at least at the stage where it is stuff I can do and pick at over time and as cash allowed. Now I find he has sold his shop and is building a new one but that backs me up at least a year. Is it reasonable to expect to be able to buy a decent body or am I just gonna have to wait for my guy to finish his new shop and be 5th or 6th in line after that?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davep
post May 13 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #2

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

Mike in Colborne ON may have a few to choose from.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 13 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Mike does have a good tub and I have a good body man, 914 experience, not cheap (but not outrageous), but for a painted bare roller we're talking 3-5 weeks ready to go. .
No BS, no excuses.

Just did one for Mike, once we have a tub we can tell you how long and how much.
Mike would do a possible tub trade, as long as he's making some coin on the deal.

I am shutting down, I wouldn't do it for anyone else and I won't do this "later". Now or never type deal.
FOB Ontario though....

Mike also has a creamsicle LE, painted, but not together. He was asking $14,000 completed, don't know what kind of deal he'd want for it "as is".
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:21 PM