Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New oil leak from the Tranny, Help on oil leak from Transmission
davesclassicvws
post May 13 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #1

davesclassicvws

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,917
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My wife an I took the 914 out last night to run an errand. As I backed out of the garage the wife stayed back to close the garage door. When she got in the car she said there was a puddle of oil on the garage floor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

This is new as my car has been spotless since I bought the car from Camp914 2 years ago.

When I got home I took a close look at the spot and it's trasmission oil. Since this only my 2nd 914 I'm not that familiar as to the source of the leak. I know from years of experience with VW they are notorious for leaking from the input shaft seal and the shift linkage bushing.

Any ideas as to what the problem is? I have been taking the car to Paul over at A&P Apecialties in Portland. It looks like I'll have to get it over to him to get this sorted out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I would appreciate hearing any ideas.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:17 AM