Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Gathering at Porsche Parade 2008 - Charlotte, NC, Special Paddock Parking for all 914's
stepuptotheMike
post Jun 28 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #61

medium pimpin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Jun 28 2008, 09:10 AM) *

Looks my mom is going to make a full recovery from her stroke so I'm headed to Charlotte. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Probably get there around 5:00PM. Looking forward to meeting you hard core teeners!

That's awesome news!! Look forward to seeing you in town.

-Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 28 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #62

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(naro914 @ May 21 2008, 07:26 AM) *

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the honest response. As I said, I - as well as Bill - have never felt snubbed at all from PCA so I guess we have been a little caught off guard here.

Just so you know too.... I just got a preview copy this morning of the Parade Charlotte Poster. Pictured are the angles and such of the obvious itterations of 911's (come on, it IS the most successful car model Porsche ever built) , Carrera GT, 356 Speedster, 962, 935 ( I think) and..... a 914.

So, let the 928/944 whining begin.... guess they are the next group that's going to feel left out!

I never liked the 924. I don't think they should be considered real Porsches either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 6 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #63

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Well, today is the first day I've had a chance to get on my computer after a wonderful Parade week, the Drivers Ed on Friday and Saturday. Whew. it's over!!

Bill, Nadine and I would like to thank all those 914 owners that made the trek out early on Sunday. While we didn't get nearly as many cars as we wanted, the ones that showed were wonderful, and the 914 community was well represented.

I will be posting some pictures somewhere as soon as I can, but for now you can go to www.paradecharlotte.org for all the week's pics. It was amazing. Nearly 1000 entrants, many more cars, and everything from early 356's, to a 959, race cars, Carrera GT, a new GT2, and street/race/concours quality 914's.

Oh, and Huey made it !!

I had dinner with Peter Porsche one evening and had some great disucssions about Porsche, his family, and interesting milestones in Porsche's history. Norbet Singer was a great guy to talk to, and when I asked him what he thought, his exact words were "this is FANTASTIC".

If you missed it, you missed out on one of the greatest gatherings of Porsche's ever - and that was said by Peter, Norbet, and the entire PCNA, and PAG staffs.

We hope to see everyone at the Rocket City Ramble. Huey will be there!!

+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 7 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #64

Losing my mind...

here are a couple pictures of the 914 group (we had to work in the early 911's due to lack of enough 914's to fill the street) and Huey on the street.
Oh, and George's 916 on the right....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 7 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #65

Losing my mind...

Huey, obviously still need front grills (anyone got any??? I need just a passengers side, no fog light)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
smg914
post Jul 10 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #66

Sahara Beige Steve

Member No.: 1,695
Region Association: None

Sorry I wasn't able to get my 914 in the paddock with the rest of the 914's. I got there after the barricades were in place and the authorities would not let me in. In fact, the lady cop told my wife and George that if I would have said one more word to her she was going to impound my car and take me to jail. Dam I must of really pissed her off.

Anyway, I hope all you in attendence got to see the Heritage of Porsche Display in the Convention Center.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 11 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #67

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(smg914 @ Jul 11 2008, 01:36 AM) *

Sorry I wasn't able to get my 914 in the paddock with the rest of the 914's. I got there after the barricades were in place and the authorities would not let me in. In fact, the lady cop told my wife and George that if I would have said one more word to her she was going to impound my car and take me to jail. Dam I must of really pissed her off.

Anyway, I hope all you in attendence got to see the Heritage of Porsche Display in the Convention Center.

Really? wow, I didn't think they turned anyone away. What time did you get there? I wish you would have gotten someone to find me and I would have had them let you in. Then again, once all the cars were parked, there really wasn't much room left. The city took away a lot of the space on the streets that we thought we had, so it became a bit tight....
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:09 PM