Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Verdict on Auto-x rear wings and the 914s, Aero-aids on slow speed events.
914forme
post May 25 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Okay all you guys that run them, did they solve the nagging issues that you where trying to solve.

Here is mine, we are running at a figure 8 track with oval this year. So at some point in time, I run up onto the banked oval, for a semi high speed sweeper. Car is stable as it can be on the oval, I keep on the gas and fly. Other sections they toss in a high speed sweeper with distraction cones, on the figure 8 side of things. These my rear starts to slip out so I have to back off, catch, go again. It pisses me off that I leave time on the table in a simple part of the course. I am thinking a little Aero help might might be in order. Since I run in coupe configuration, my lid is bolted down. I am thinking of adding vortex generators on the roof, and a big JP style spoiler out back. And a set of under body front diffusers with a chin splitter.

So how is it truly working out for you guys? Car classing is not an issue, I'll deal with the rules. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:13 PM