Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dash Face Refinishing, Ideas? on refinishing dash face?
914hog
post Mar 22 2003, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon14.gif) The face of my dash is in sorry shape. The basket weave is very weathered and dirty and even peeling in places! My car is far from concourse, however, I was wondering if anybody had an idea to refinish the dash face INEXPENSIVELY. I found some great covers on 9Xauto, but am not willing to invest that much $ at this point. Will the exsiting basketweave just pull off? What is behind it? I assume it is just metal backing from what I remember on a parts car I had pulled some stuff from. Thanks for your help. -Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anthony
post Mar 22 2003, 06:57 PM
Post #2

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

The basketweave is just glued on. Behind it is steel. Mine was ungluing at all the edges. I glued it all back down and it looks great again. I can't imagine that enough basketweave vinyl to redo the dash would cost much at all. It would just be a time consuming job to cut it to size and glue it all down perfectly.

You might check these guys:

http://www.worlduph.com/

They seem to have every kind of vinyl you'd possibly need.
+Quote Post
joea9146
post Mar 23 2003, 07:03 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 283
Region Association: None

The dash basket weave was available from www.pelicanparts.com you can give them a try its not hard to replace
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:13 AM