Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> crazy neighbor / Quick update noise law suit, There noise CD
dinomium
post Jun 4 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #21

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

If she WANTs to know what noise pollution is, I can reform my last band and play Symphony for the Devil for bout and hour!
Ladies and Gentalmen: S U P E R C R A P P Y and featuring the disaster of the Stratocaster, the Gawd of Hellfire:
DINOMIUM!

Oh yeah!
Or get yourself a Goldtop Les Paul and a Marshall halfstack...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jun 4 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #22

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Geez I only saw a couple of items that were before 9:00 am. And what constitues noise? Some of those were your car. Does her car not make any noise at 7:30 am 5 days a week? She should be told she can't leave for work until 9:00 am due to her own ignorance & duplicity of the complaint. We need a smilee with ear-muffs.

T.C.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 4 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #23

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

You know what this is all building up to with your neighbor.....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Jun 4 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

I still think that her recording equipment is an invasion of privacy. She probably has a point on anything before 8am, but if she leaves for work at 7:30 and you can prove that she was not home when noise was being made, she has no grounds to complain. If she is part of a group that is filing a complaint, the rest of the group has to sign. Go back through your tapes and have a picture of her not being home for every single example. This will prove that this is crap. You have your date in court tomorrow, so today is the day to get this done.
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Jun 4 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #25

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

do you have hard wood floors?...30 seconds of vacuum?

what a nut job. dont judges get testy with frivolous suits. this is a waste of my tax dollars
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jun 4 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

She needs to be enrolled in the turd of the month club.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 4 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #27

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

$1 says when you go to court and the opposition's attny sees the data, a continuance will be requested. don't agree to it unless she's willing to reimburse for any current or further costs. regardless of findings. be sure smile and give her husband the peace sign when ever you see him.

k

+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Jun 4 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 3,782

I broke down the times when she would be at work knowing she's gone at around 7:45 am and home for lunch around 1:30 to 2:20 PM, home around 4:00 to 6:00 P.M. and came up with a total of 3 minutes and 30 seconds of noise "when she's home"
John

I just don't see her lawyer, who is a friend of the family (discount $$$) can look the judge in the eye and spout out this crap @@@@!!!!
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 4 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #29

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

I just don't see her lawyer, who is a friend of the family (discount $$$) can look the judge in the eye and spout out this crap @@@@!!!!

Oh they can spout a lot of crap, there good at it. It does not matter if it is true or not...They'll say it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 4 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #30

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432

QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jun 4 2008, 01:33 PM) *

Have you never met a lawyer before??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jun 4 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #31

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

What? No sound clips of the beast with 2 backs on the list? No horizontal bumping sounds? If she's listening to every other thing going on in your house, she must be saving those ones for her own pleasure...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 4 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #32

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Be vewy vewy qwiet...

+Quote Post
carr914
post Jun 4 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #33

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

[/quote]

They can spout out crap, because they are all full of crap. Apologies to all 914 Lawyers that are filled with crap.

T.C.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 4 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #34

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

6/03/08 - 438 sec of moaning, funky bass and what sounded like someone shaking a can of jelly or trying to clean a spot of the top of a wobbly, squeaky table? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jerkit.gif)

Whack off into a microphone plugged into an amp....lets see her catalog that.
+Quote Post
bryanc
post Jun 4 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 2,495
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 4 2008, 03:03 PM) *

They can spout out crap, because they are all full of crap. Apologies to all 914 Lawyers that are filled with crap.

T.C.

It's best to remember that lawyers are paid to say whatever it takes to win the case for their client. Even if they know it's BS--that is their job. With that said, many lawyers take their work home... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Jun 4 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 3,782

The funny thing is my dog can bark for a straight 30 minutes a day and be within the city laws. Here I make 1/2 that in 6 months and have to spend thousands to adjudicate the matter.

+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Jun 4 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #37

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463

QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jun 4 2008, 12:33 PM) *

the key is probably "friend of the family" - she is bitching about it and wants them to defend it and they probably feel "guilted" into doing it. They may have even told her it was frivolous and she refuses to listen/doesn't think so and the lawyer is just taking it knowing in the long run the family will appreciate it.

As for a vacuum as early as stated - I agree with another reply - that is a bit early IMO, even if she is gone you have other neighbors. That said, if it was a one time occurrence as implied in the list of item - I mean, you could have spilled coffee in your car on accident and grabbed it to vacuum it up before causing damage to carpet and so forth. Once or maybe twice is fine which appears to be what you are doing.

And I agree with a lot of others about going after her for legal costs, claim pain and suffering and loss of sleep and so forth and knock her way the F off her pedestal. You have a right to live your life within reason, and most of that seems within reason to me.
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Jun 4 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 4 2008, 11:07 AM) *

$1 says when you go to court and the opposition's attny sees the data, a continuance will be requested. don't agree to it unless she's willing to reimburse for any current or further costs. regardless of findings. be sure smile and give her husband the peace sign when ever you see him.

k

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
The first thing I would ask for is a dismissal of the suit. If you are represented, let the lawyer do all of the talking. If you are self represented, introduce yourself and avoid using yeah, and umm. Has your lawyer shared your material with the opposing council? If opposing council doesn't have your material, they will probably ask for continuance. Press them that you can only see a maximum of 25-30 seconds of time (dispersed in 10 second intervals over 6 months) that you could possibly be disturbing anybody and that any car noise is within the law. Ask if suits are being brough against other neighbors as they have cars as well. A dirty trick that lawyers play is having any documents delivered a few minutes before court time by courier and have a signature required for delivery. Then they print out in the hallway a copy that your lawyer has the documents and didn't address them. If a continuance is asked for, press hard for all of your expenses to this point be reimbursed on the spot. This is where lawyers make crap loads of money and try to force you to drop your case. If you can get your lawyer to show invasion of privacy, file a cease and desist on her recordings on those grounds and ask for the case to be dismissed (again) or a summary judgment as this case is frivolous and a waste of the courts time and tax payers dollars. I feel for you. This has been an ongoing saga. Good luck
+Quote Post
kart54
post Jun 4 2008, 06:33 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 3,520

I am a southern California lawyer and I have to say this is one of the most ridiculous lawsuits I've seen. Even if the other side is taking this as a family friend he should be embarrassed. This ranks right up there with the pants lost by the dry cleaners case. I have to think that when he looks at these times he is going to want to settle and get away from this as soon as possible.
Depending on your finances this sounds like it may be grounds for a SLAPP suit or maybe a harassment suit on your part. Check with your attorney.
Glad to see you finally lawyered up; we are useful at times.
The bad news is in California in a lawsuit of this type attorney's fees and costs are not awarded unless she is seeking them under some obscure statute. Do remember that if she asks for attorney's fees and costs, even if wrongfully sought, then your attorney can request them as well. You might remind your lawyer of that. It's quite often overlooked.
If I didn't have a case tomorrow morning myself I would try to get down there and watch.

Oh and for all of you that don't like lawyers remember there would be no United States and no constitution without us. Both the constitution and the declaration of independence were drafted in major part by lawyers and they are the ones that fight for your rights when either of those are violated. I would also ad, though some of you may not like it, most of us won't take cases we don't believe in no matter what the pay involved. I've never had a client that I didn't believe in and didn't believe was right and the great majority of attorneys I know operate the same way. We often disagree on the law and the facts but we believe our clients and believe in their side of things.

Good luck
Kart54
Randolph W. Andell
Law Offices of Randolph W. Andell
Serving Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties
(805)339-0101
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jun 4 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #40

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.

Member No.: 222

OK, let the lawyer jokes begin...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 06:23 PM