Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hate to say this - really!, This forum needs a new moderator
orthobiz
post Jun 19 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 19 2008, 09:34 PM) *

The car is unchanged, but the owner is degrading. Your offer is kind, but unless you throw in 150,000 sponges - the deal is off!
Pat

At 100 bucks for 240 sponges, that means Fritz is 62,500 bucks!!!!!

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 20 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #22

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 19 2008, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 19 2008, 09:34 PM) *

The car is unchanged, but the owner is degrading. Your offer is kind, but unless you throw in 150,000 sponges - the deal is off!
Pat

At 100 bucks for 240 sponges, that means Fritz is 62,500 bucks!!!!!

Paul

Yeah, I guess that is little steep. We could make it 50,000 sponges, but then I'd have nothing to do with them. Probably not one of my better ideas.
Pat
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jun 20 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

BTW, Pat, my dear aunt had the bubble thing going in the mid 90's. Soon as she had it done, my father (her brother) died and she had to come to the funeral holding her head face down on a pillow! Despite all the crying she did fine and has pretty good vision today at 83. I'm sure they're way better at it now.

Paul
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Jun 20 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #24

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

Pat, you rock.

Your work for the CW section has been great, and your love for the 914, they way it came from the factory is great. Go original/concours cars! (yes, my car isnt completely correct)

I hope you feel better.

Ditto on the idea of 2 moderators though. If you need someone that will be willing to check things out, and willing to learn more about the concours 914, I might want to help fill in the (2nd) moderator position. I have alot to learn, but I want to learn, so it works.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 21 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(dw914er @ Jun 20 2008, 11:39 PM) *

Pat, you rock.

Your work for the CW section has been great, and your love for the 914, they way it came from the factory is great. Go original/concours cars! (yes, my car isnt completely correct)

I hope you feel better.

Ditto on the idea of 2 moderators though. If you need someone that will be willing to check things out, and willing to learn more about the concours 914, I might want to help fill in the (2nd) moderator position. I have alot to learn, but I want to learn, so it works.

Ben,

Thanks! You and Skip have both stepped forward, and I sincerely appreciate it. I'll go to the powers-that-be & get thier opinions.

Pat

ps: I'll change my avatar when Naberhaus loses the Euro VW plate on the front of his perfect 914.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jun 22 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #26

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Sorry to hear. Hope you're able to correct the eye issues and work through the other things the best you can ...
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 22 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 22 2008, 10:03 AM) *

Sorry to hear. Hope you're able to correct the eye issues and work through the other things the best you can ...

Mark,
Thanks, and thanks for making it easily visible with my right eye. Others may think you're yelling, but I appreciate it.

Things will hopefully work out, but the Admins are helping select a new moderator. Think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

My sincerest thanks for all the positive comments from all of you. Someday some of you will go through negative things also. I hope we're here to help, as you have been.

Not leaving, but relinquishing the command - for the best of everyone. Hope to be back in the near future in my cantankerous best.

Let's let the forum get on with more important things. Soon!

Pat
+Quote Post
914runnow
post Jun 24 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 16 2008, 07:08 PM) *

I don't think I can do this anymore.

I'm not asking for pity, just someone to step forward as the moderator.

Why?

It took me 4 minutes to post the mast 2 sentences. I am not askig for pity - just someone who can see with both eyes to noderate this forum.

I have hole in the retina of my left eye, and a bunch of floaters in the right. Seen the races where thae camra is in the cockpit & the wiper moves from left to right to clear the lens? What I see in ONE eye is the wiper moving back! The other eye is close to dead. Hole in the retina.

As much as I'd love (really) to continue being my asshole self......I can't do it!

Why, at the mere age of 61 am I losing my vision? Who knows, but I can no longer be trusted to drive a car. Along with the other very trying things that have happened this year. (95 year old mother moved to a nursing home/86 year old mother-in law with a stroke), I can no longer concentrate on this forum. It kills me!

914 hasn't been touched in3 months - losing interest quickly. '73 T has't been touched either - sad.

I've kept these problems from my best friends during this period, because they are MY problems. I've also been a bit confrontational during this period, because I'm a private person & I am really pissed.

I just wanted you good people to know what's been going on......& why I've been testy.

Not asking for any pity (PLEASE!). Just wish someone will step forward as a new moderator of this forum. Have to keep the the purpose going. I can't do it anymore. Sorry.

Pat

Well I guess I am the third from Colorado to be 'bummed' of your news......
I have been off of this forum for months----And see your post......
A big prayer for you tonite coming your way.....
If I could CLONE myself would love to help out here...
But my wife REALLY would not want 2 of me at this time!!
Let Skip take the 'Wheel' and drive for a while.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
while you relax (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
Good Luck and God Bless yah Pat!!
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post Jun 25 2008, 07:12 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

Pat I truly wish you well, getting old sucks...

I've always respected your knowledge of the orginality of these cars. I will constantly refer to the insight and wisdom of this forum when I begin the restoration of my LE.

Between you, this forum and Steve Gaglione, I know I'll put the car back together as it was originally...

Again Pat, I hope you get better...and thanks for everything...

-- Rob
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Aug 1 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #30

Update!

My eyes have been abused by four different Opthomologists at this point. Three of the four have said that all I have is a case of severe "floaters", and that I'll need to live with them. The other one was quick to subscribe to laser surgery, which is dangerous at best and unproven.

Because I am so nearsighted, I have these things & will have to live with them. Haven't fully adjusted, but I guess i will - ultimately.

During this period I've realized that this forum, though not as exciting as it once was, is ddoing just fine without a moderator.

Could use some more traffic, but it IS a wierd forum.

I'd like to seriously thank all of you who have expressed concern for me! I mean that! It's meant a lot to me.

I'm a person who's never had a health problem & this was sever enough (to me) to throw me into a panic! Other than having my tonsils removed in 1954, I've never been in a hospital. Rarely needed a doc's attenetion. Life just went on. So it scared me - a lot!

Thanks to those who expressed concern - you know who you are.

And I guess I should apologize for overreacting without enough info - sorry, I was scared!
Pat
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Aug 1 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631

Glad you're feeling better Pat!
+Quote Post
rmital
post Aug 29 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #32

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 1 2008, 09:52 PM) *

And I guess I should apologize for overreacting without enough info - sorry, I was scared!
Pat

...great to hear your feeling better...now could you please change that scary avatar!!
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Aug 29 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(rmital @ Aug 29 2008, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 1 2008, 09:52 PM) *

Pat

...great to hear your feeling better...now could you please change that scary avatar!!

What's "scary" about it? I'm agressive & my initials are PIG.

I think it's a perfect fit, but if it bothers too many people - or scares them away......

You guys tell me.
Pat
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 03:32 PM