Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Condition Assessment Form?, Do we need this?
markb
post Jul 1 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #41

914less :(

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Well done! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Jul 1 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 8,253
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I was thinking that you could add a small scale to the side or bottom of one page to use as a tread depth gauge. Stick that part of the paper into the tire tread and mark how high it is right on the sheet. You wouldn't need to get and carry a separate depth gauge.
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jul 1 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #43

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

Damn!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) That looks really, really good. I think I'm going to do a PPI on my car just to document where it is today. This might be a very good tool to use annually to ensure any insurance claim is represented correctly.

BTW: Any movement on the earlier idea to provide a list of preferred photos?

Eric Read

+Quote Post
Dr. Roger
post Jul 1 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #44

A bat out of hell.

Member No.: 3,533
Region Association: Northern California

Where would you put a list of components if it was a track car? like thicker torsion bars, aftermarket sways, springs, perches, non stock brakes, non-stock transaxle and axles, clutch, cooling...?

Just throwing thoughts out there. =)

Great idea BTW.
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Jul 1 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 8,253
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Add a column heading for shocks and tires labeled "Brand" next to the size and tread columns so you can list Koni shocks or BFG tires. Also add it to any other spot where it might be useful to know like wheels.

Edit: I went back and saw there is no section for wheels. We definitely need a size, brand, and number lugs for the wheels. Add caps to that too to indicate whether they are missing or damaged.
+Quote Post
Dr. Roger
post Jul 1 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #46

A bat out of hell.

Member No.: 3,533
Region Association: Northern California

exactly, because I would think a prospective buyer would like to know that i've got 110mm CV's (the largest you can fit through a stock swing arm)

Another example. Sir Andy's 944/911/914 Frankenstein axles...
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jul 1 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #47

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Interesting ideas... but if I can't verify it with my own eyes (i.e. new heads, new 1st gear, bigger torsion bars, etc), I will put the entry into the Owner Interview.

+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 2 2008, 09:16 AM
Post #48

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Jul 1 2008, 11:29 AM) *

I was thinking that you could add a small scale to the side or bottom of one page to use as a tread depth gauge. Stick that part of the paper into the tire tread and mark how high it is right on the sheet. You wouldn't need to get and carry a separate depth gauge.

Thats an interesting idea, I just don't know how to implement it or how accurate it would be. The whole edge of a piece of paper? Those 6 in. stainless steel rules are easy to come by and the chance a printed scale on a piece of paper would be off during printing would be large.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 2 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #49

914 Wiring Harnesses

QUOTE(ericread @ Jul 1 2008, 11:43 AM) *

Damn!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) That looks really, really good. I think I'm going to do a PPI on my car just to document where it is today. This might be a very good tool to use annually to ensure any insurance claim is represented correctly.

Eric Read

I have been thinking about this Eric, I think its a great idea. I don't think it should be part of the CA form, the document would get too large. How about a page on this site (not a saved thread that can accept comments) dedicated to '914 condition assessment' that would have the form for downloading, then a series of photos of 'right' and 'wrong' ways photograph a 914? The photos would be taken from right and wrong angles to illustrate critical conditions, and also would include photos of each of the critical areas to assure a thorough assessment process. Maybe Rusty could assemble this page if there is buy-in?
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 2 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #50

914 Wiring Harnesses

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Jul 1 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Add a column heading for shocks and tires labeled "Brand" next to the size and tread columns so you can list Koni shocks or BFG tires. Also add it to any other spot where it might be useful to know like wheels.

Edit: I went back and saw there is no section for wheels. We definitely need a size, brand, and number lugs for the wheels. Add caps to that too to indicate whether they are missing or damaged.

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jul 1 2008, 02:06 PM) *

exactly, because I would think a prospective buyer would like to know that i've got 110mm CV's (the largest you can fit through a stock swing arm)

Another example. Sir Andy's 944/911/914 Frankenstein axles...

I thought about these too, but the form would get wonky on us real fast. If we include a check list of every available accessory and optional equipment on a 914 the list would never be completed and the form would be a book. I see the form as a blank piece of paper that an assessor can add as much detail to as possible. So in the case of wheels, sway bars, performance upgrades, those can all be noted on the diagrams easier than it woould be to have an exhaustive checklist. Same reason I only show an outline of the engine bay...notes about the installed engine, hellhole condition, induction type can all be noted there. Even V8s...8)
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jul 2 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #51

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 2 2008, 08:23 AM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Jul 1 2008, 11:43 AM) *

Eric Read

I have been thinking about this Eric, I think its a great idea. I don't think it should be part of the CA form, the document would get too large. How about a page on this site (not a saved thread that can accept comments) dedicated to '914 condition assessment' that would have the form for downloading, then a series of photos of 'right' and 'wrong' ways photograph a 914? The photos would be taken from right and wrong angles to illustrate critical conditions, and also would include photos of each of the critical areas to assure a thorough assessment process. Maybe Rusty could assemble this page if there is buy-in?

Jeff; I was thinking about a list of the pictures that would be desireable, i.e.
1. Engine Shelf
2. Hell Hole
3. Under-Pan Front
4. Under-Engine
5. Left Side
6. Right Side
etc. Again, just a checklist so that I don't inadvertantly forget to get a pic. Maybe lists like these belong in an appendix rather than on the form itself?

Please don't misunderstand, I think your form is great!!! m- And really a benefit to the entire community.

Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 17 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #52

914 Wiring Harnesses

So here is version 0.3 beta for comments...7 pages.

Content ok? The graphics need to be refined, but how are they otherwise?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 17 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #53

914 Wiring Harnesses

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 30 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #54

914 Wiring Harnesses

I have posted my Condition Assessment Form v1.0 at a link on my website at this link. Download, print, and use it, let me know what you think. Would be happy to provide a copy to load onto the 914world if I knew how to do it. Will update as needed.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/
+Quote Post
bondo
post Jul 30 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #55

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

That's all I have to say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:36 AM